• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing North Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

martyn

Sep 12, 2006
Hi All!
New to spearing in the UK, but keen to give it a go! Is there anyone out there into spearing in North Wales, and do you fancy meeting up for a dive in the spring?
Let me know!
Regards,
Martyn

Hey hows it going :) North Wales is one of the best place in northern Europe for spearing, trouble is it doesn't really kick in until July. There is a good bunch of us on Anglesey who spear every day during the summer so give me a call any time. Plenty of kit here so if you need any tis no problem :)

Hi There!:)
Wow! july seems far away! Thanks for the offer: I'll definitely be there. Just sorted out my stuff today. I've speared in Majorca the last few years with mixed results. I've always wondered how things were in Blighty, so I packed up my gear and brought it back to have a go. Just need to get some more weights here (couldn't be arsed paying excess baggage) and I'm ready to rock!
Thanks for the reply,
Martyn.

Cool look forward to seeing you then, we do a mixture of shore and boat diving, not often deep, rarely beyond 10m and usually less than 5. We have good Bass and Mullet that we peg along with some flaties from time to time.
There are a couple of other north wales threads that might be worth looking at to give you a flavour of what its like up here. I have a good feeling about this year, I think some big fish are destined for the BBQ :)

Hi guys,
I am looking for buddy(ies) for spearfishing in the north west and north wales region. Are there any still available/practising? Please, feel free to contact.
Cheers,
Vas

Hey hows it going :) North Wales is one of the best place in northern Europe for spearing, trouble is it doesn't really kick in until July. There is a good bunch of us on Anglesey who spear every day during the summer so give me a call any time. Plenty of kit here so if you need any tis no problem :)

Hi there Pastor
i am new to spearfishing and am hoping a newbie might be tolerated every now and again got the kit except the gun so i wont even lower the odds for anyonerofl would be great to get a bit of experience and picking the brains of people who know what they are on about. oh and please excuse my rude interuption but i smell the sea!
peace
Graeme

Just found this forum, looking for people to spear with. fairly new to it, got the gear and had a few kills. Please get in touch. I'm Anglesey based, south east end. Happy to travel on and off shore anywhere in north wales. Anyone up for going out?

Great to find a forum about Anglesey spearing.
I'm in southport so angelsey is my nearest place but I'm unsure of the best points. I've tried pennmon near the lighthouse but was low visibility. I've also tried hollyhead which was gorgeous but only saw wrassee. Anyone feel like sharing some local knowledge Would be much appreciated

I come to Anglesey regularly and am also looking for people to meet with.
Would be great to share knowledge but mostly for the safety aspect of not diving alone.
I have a base at Traeth Bychan and a boat but am happy to meet anywhere on the island.
Maybe a “WhatsApp” group would work best rather than the forum due to the late replies!
Feel free to txt me.
Lee

Hello, I'm another newbie in North Wales that would love to buddy up for some spear fishing. I am a newbie to the point of having a spear gun but never shooting it yet.
Noting Pastors comment that it kicks in about July, hopefully that will coincide with more freedom to travel.

Please feel free to contact me if planning a session and don't mind a novice tagging along :)

Hi guys
I'm heading to Anglesey this coming Saturday for a week's vacation and have the thumbs up from the boss to bring my spearfishing gear along.
1st time in Anglesey but super excited as it sounds like a good spearing spot. If there's anyone who fancies a dive and/or share some local knowledge, that would be awesome to meet some locals for a dive!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT