• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing video in Cuba

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That's another good reason for being anxious for Fido Castro to croak, better access to the diving, fishing and shooting on Cuba. I may even grow a Hemingway beard in celebration!

Good video. Made enjoyable watching. Vis must have been 100ft in some of those shots. I can only dream :) .

Dave

Nice clips Phillipe,

The viz is just incredible there!!! I don't know what kind of camera you use, but fixing it on the gun could give you one hand free. I just posted the "very easy to make setup" I made and used a couple of times last october, in the freswater section, in "where to find pike". It makes a very good job, takes about 1 hour to make, and cost almost nothing.

And how's the spearfishing in N. Brunswick? I heard there are lots of stripers, but are we allowed to spearfish there? My buddy and I want to explore the Canada's east coast, but can't find any regulation...

Last edited:
If you could'nt find any regulation, I guess that there is not any regulation, or? Except for fresh water and giant bluefin tuna... I heard something about the overfished strippedbass breeding in the rivermouth (June). I Did some disapointing freediving on different places of the coast of the New-Brunswick, but since 3 years I'm focusing on Giant BF tuna (video) and plan to do a trip summer 2007 on a spot twelve hours boat off the Nova Scotia : giant BF tuna not so big than on the web site video, but huge++ bigeye/ bonito/ albacore/swordfish (no regulation about these fish) , and sharks (mako /GW shark) swimming close to the surface or on the surface during a month. If it work's, I and www.spearfishingmotion.com plan to organize a new trip for 2/3 experienced divers in August 2008. Thank's for your feedback.
I don't like to fasten the housing to the gun, depend of the context it leaves me to choose between loosing either one.

It looks like we can't spear them, like anywhere in atlantic coast... How cool could it be; spear a 700lbs BF tuna, 5 minutes from shore (as it looks in the Phillipe's clips)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT