• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Video Review

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Murat,

I have you on my MSN but you never sign in ;)

Memo and I have been wagering war on all fish species over here. Memo got a complete equipment makeover and i have just gone all out nuts with some guns

That mamba 115 is insane and the HUGE WOODEN BLOCK, tracks better than most 110 band guns i have used.

I am leaving for a week spearing in Ibiza and hopefully be filming some real awesome videos

Will keep all of you posted ;)

What will you spear is ibiza?????? rofl

Bet that your wife won't let you go there alone rofl

The movies I own:

*Bluewater Hunters: Just a documentary...nothing special

*Freediving the Revilligagedos: Short and very few fish shot, good cinematography.not worth it.

*Bluewater Hunting International: Extreme Bluewater Spearing: Good video with trophy fish.

*Bluewater Hunting International: Spearfishing the Coral Sea: Good video, awesome reef. Neat cinematography and the angles on the fish when shot are very well thought out. I watch this one often.

*Gunslingers of the Blue Frontier: awesome video, short and sweet...find myself watching it time and again.

*Blue, Freediving the California Coast: A must to own. Not a lot of trophy fish shot but the different terrain and species of fish taken make this a very very good flick.

I have that one .Not a bad vid but not number on my list .It does show a variety of fish being shot and some scenes of some rig diving in the gulf.The models in there are pretty hot ,still to much talking and not enough shooting . I would like to see a spearing vid with more unknown spearos in the lime lite .Just imho.

Cool trailer. I haven't heard of this one yet...must have :) I just got Wild Blue - NZ today in the mail. I am looking forward to it.

Immersion 2 a video of the North coast of NSW Australia by Brett Vercoe. this is a top video lots of fish from reef fish to blue water all shot freeding clear water for the majority of it and heaps of fish -well worth the money only downside is after seeing it a few times the music is boring the first couple of times your too amazed by fish to hear it anyway.
Peter

Hi everyone!

My 2 cents... I own only "Gone to baja , spearfishing 101". I don't regret buying it because I have little experience and bought a big Riffe, given those 2 conditions it was a great video, but if you're experienced I'm sure that you will not enjoy that DVD AT ALL ! Maybe you'll hate it... I think that a bit more action could make that video a valuable one.

MY opinion... You're a newbie with no experience or almost no experience... Get it! Very helpfull! :) ... You have some experience... Don't ! :rcard

See ya!!!

Luis,

I agree. Trying to make an instructional video interesting is impossible once you know the material.

Here is a video we just released that has alot of action, remote locations, and great fish shooting and footage. There is aireal views of the islands we dive and info on how to get their also. Its about 45min and will be distributed through Riffe.

Luis you will like this one. At the end of the video we go back to the local resturant and they prepare our snapper and grouper in 5 styles. It also has a special features section with extended cooking footage so you can copy the dish.

The DVD is done on a professional budget with top of the line equipment, art designs and original music. There is also an extended fish footage section that shows the schools of grouper and snapper with no shooting. Its another 8 min.

here is a trailer!

http://www.spearfishingvideos.com/Movies/TrailerGTB2WM_01.wmv

Let me know what you think!

The videos should be in stores in about 2 weeks. Or you can get them online at www.spearfishingvideos.com

GTB

Your right!! :duh :duh

What happend to my website!! Im getting on the phone right now to the producer. Is should be back up soon.

Thanks DT

GTB

I like that trailer!
I've watched Imersion but didn't hold a lot of interest as the fishing is very different to ours. Any DVDs covering UK spearos, or North France? / Brittany or any others where I might recognise the environment and the fish? Still might look out for a copy of the DVD you trailered! , love that sound effect you have edited in when the bungees are released.

PAV,

Thanks for the review! Ive never been over to your side of the world yet so we dont have anything specific.

There is alot of those "sound effects" in the video. The producer did a great job on it. What I really liked was the fish graphics, you wont find many spearfishing videos with those.

GTB
www.spearfishingvideos.com

One thing i have noticed is the spearos holding the gun with both hands. Is this normal over there?

I am not really fond of sound effects when shooting. Reminds me too much of kung fu style movies of the past. Compared to the Pipin Lazer sound effects rofl yours is ok ;)

Reactions: vivien
Thanks shane!

The thing was we wanted to let the viewer know when each shot went off. There are a couple of cave shots where it is hard to see the gun. But what can I say, the producer has to excercise his "artistic licence" :duh

In the video we are using Mid Handle Riffe guns. The thing about that style of gun is that it has some recoil. It becomes a matter of instinct after a while to grab the back of the gun to stabilize it so it dosent mash out my teeth. :waterwork

With the handle in the middle of the gun it has a different ballance and feel, you get alot of power with a shorter muzzle. The draw back is the recoil and the close proximity of the gun butt in your face. A hand on the back keeps me eatin apples! :p

What did you think about that grouper school?

That grouper school is nuts. Only ever seen that once over here and it was really really impressive.

I am about to start shooting my movie and hopefully will have it ready by the end of summer 2006

Lets see how that goes ;)

gonetobaja said:
The DVD is done on a professional budget with top of the line equipment, art designs and original music. There is also an extended fish footage section that shows the schools of grouper and snapper with no shooting. Its another 8 min.

here is a trailer!

http://www.spearfishingvideos.com/Movies/TrailerGTB2WM_01.wmv

Let me know what you think!

I ask me how the film would look like without a "professional budget" :hmm

I think the dvd layout and sound effects were the most expensive for the film. :D
Sorry, I'm just honest!

The answer to that question would be "worse than it is now"

I guess the term "professional budget" could be substituted for "we used all the money we made from the first video."

You like the sound effectes too rofl

I would say that the budget to produce a spearfishing video is more than you would think. The actual trip just to get a Truck, Boat, plane, 3 divers, and 2 cameramen to the location in Baja CA is what cost the most. Then If you add the price of the gear to that, throw in a couple of underwater cameras with wide angle lenses and you are starting to get to the area of what I was refering too.

Then you have to figure out how much to pay everyone.

then you pray that you find big fish on the shoot.

We have sold over 300 in the past 2 weeks.

Im glad you liked the layout and sound effects Vivien! You dont have to be sorry about being honest. :) It was actually easier for me to shoot a 15kg grouper than figure out how to do DVD layout or sound effects so those where things that we did have to pay extra for.

Hopefully this DVD will make me rich... rofl

Untill then I just have to guide trips and shoot fish. :p

"So, whats your retirement plan Dale...."

"I hope to find a bar of gold on the bottom of the ocean..... ":hmm

"If that dosent work, Ill sell spearfishing videos....." :hmm

"If that dosent work Ill guide dives with 2m squids....." :duh

For now Im just a professional sleeping bag roller uper, and Im investing all my cash into spearfishing videos. rofl

Its not the highest paying gig in the world but everyone will tell you.....

I cant hold a real job.... :ban

www.gonetobaja.com

Reactions: Mr. X and vivien
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT