• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SpearFishing Videos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
Hey guys I want to know where on the net I can find some good spearfishing videos that show good ambush and stocking technics. I would really like to find some If possible videos with some Oil Rig spearfishing so i can learn some tactics for deep water hunting to. perferably English videos if possible

BladeRunner Out

Blade,

If i am not wrong I once surf rig hunting and I think Hell Diver Rodeo has a book or a video, can't remember well. Try surfing them, www I forgot sorry.

IYA

The book is Helldivers Rodeo...pretty good but scuba based. The Helldivers are out of Metarie, La. They have a web site at www.helldivers.org. Their big Rodeo was just a couple of weeks ago and they had a great one. Stickman Don Cooley won King Freediver and shot some awesome fish, including an 80 lb wahoo! Check it out at www.rodnreel.com/extreme this ias Capt. Al Walkers web site and he is one of the only capts in the area that offers freedive hunting. Julie Riffe and gang have gone out a couple of times in the last year with him...worht searching through the pic archives!

I just tried the link to Al Walkers page and it didn't quite go where it is intended....after getting to rodnreels homepage go to fishing guides on the left side bar then scroll down to extreme fishing charters and there you are! sorry about the link but still worth the trip!:D

Rig I'm not looking for another person to go rig diving with, if I go it will be you guys. I didn't mean to make sound like I was blowing off your invitation for some Rig hunting.

Or am I just totaly misreading something?:confused:

Blade Out

OH those are really big fish those guys speared, I would wet my wetsuit if swam into fish that big!!!:D

Blade Out

No Blade...I didn't take it that way...just wanted you to take a look at that site. Some of the fish he's got are unreal! Look forward to diving with you soon...Sunday I am going out with a guy who is doing a magazine article about freediving the rigs. I will send you a copy when it comes out.

That would be really cool if you could send the article, I will look forward to reading it tell him to throw in some pics to!!

Blade Out

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT