• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing vigo from shore

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

amir rubin

Mar 17, 2014
Hi

I am planning a trip to north Portugal in the summer. After hours of YouTube it seems to me that fish all hate Portugal and keep north of the Rio Minho. It looks like there is an ongoing fish conference in the Vigo bay in Spain and that it is a European Bass heaven. Sea Bream also star Vigo YouTube videos and reach remarkable size. Is anybody here from the region? Is YouTube telling the truth? Are there 'from shore' fishing spots for a boatless chap such as myself?

i've been to vigo a few times now it has a stunning coast line. high hills cutting down into very deep inclosed bays so getting to deep water is no problem and the currents aren't to much of a problem. i haven't searfished there bit i have fished in canido (2 miles away) and the fishing was plentiful, good sized fish and lots of them. there are also story's of lost treasure in the deeper bays.........garrrr!

I'm reading this, very interesting. Charlie would you advice me about diving spots in Vigo, and if you know in the rest of the galicia shore?
Thank you!

Enviado desde mi SM-G360F mediante Tapatalk

I'm reading this, very interesting. Charlie would you advice me about diving spots in Vigo, and if you know in the rest of the galicia shore?
Thank you!

Hi
I went to vigo two summers ago. Amazzzzing. I fished in Equatorial Gurnee, in Thailand and in the Pacific Coast of Canada. Vigo is like nothing else. It is like going to a fish store. It is like fishing in an aquarium. The down side is that there are basecly 3 types of fish from which only the sea buss reaches over 1 kilo size. For myself I like the catch and not the challenge. The fish there are suicidal and a for people looking for though hunt it might be too easy. I fished off Illa Tortilla. Stupidly I swem from the beach. You can walk on the bridge. This summer I am going again. Staying in a village called pindo. Will try the water there. I have a feeling any rocky beach will hold fish. Go Galicia. By the way. I always stay at self catering accommodation when I travel. Spain has the best and cheapest rental home from all the places Ive been to. Way cheaper and way more romantic than Greece Italy or Croatia.

Amir thank you for your answer.
I'm not interested in fishing, but in Freediving. Is thisthere nice depth and visibility?

Hi
I have little experience with non fishing free diving. I never go deeper than 12 meters. I find the combination of light, rocks and life most beautiful up to that depth. In vigo the shallows were beautiful. As I went deeper it became a seaweed forest. Vis was OK not amazing. I guess It changes from day to day. I would suggest that you ask around but I am not sure that the relevant people are in this forum.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT