• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Wetsuit vs. Surfing Wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Before you post such queries in the future, please be advised that there is a search function. You'll find tons of info through that, and if you're anything like me who is impatient (for people to answer) and happens to love to read, you'll really enjoy it.

Anyway, check this thread out: http://forums.deeperblue.net/wetsuits/75758-different-wetsuits.html

All your questions are answered in the first 3 posts.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
Hey Silentspear,

I too am an avid surfer and have a great 3x2mm Steamer for surfing. I was cold in it even wearing a 3mm vest and hood under it in waters as warm as 22 degrees. So I bought a 5mm Open Cell inner/nylon outer Spetton freedivers suit.

I spend 6 hours diving in 18 degree water and am absolutely toasty warm and usually pretty dry especially before I pee in it. There is no comparing a freedivers suit to a surfing suit.

I tested the suit when I first got it in our backyard pool in mid winter which was at 16 degrees and again I was warm as can be after 30 minutes of just floating around and shallow dives, in fact when I got out I wasn't even wet.

The Open Cell Inner is a pain in the arse to get it on compared to your surf suit so you'll need lube to get into it, but the warmth is unbelievable and totally worth the effort. The new suit has extended my bottom time, increased my enjoyment level and allowed me to dive all day without cramping or the shivers setting in even in cold water for long periods.

Hope this helps,

DJ

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT