• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Speargun/camera Mount

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ivan:

Single 16mm band with a 6.4mm spear- 1.1meter long.

It shoots much faster than Ted's JBL that I borrowed last time and also does a better number on the carp- as in it goes through them.;)

It is much shorter than my wooden gun, so I can actually see the spear tip in our green summer water.:D

It float, nose up, when the shaft is out of the gun. My wooden gun floats with or without the shaft in it.

Sven:

Too easy. I'll let someone else to a shot at it.;)

Jon

hi

6.4mm spear never heard of those, I know omer makes a 6.3mm. I also have a 110 with a 7mm shaft and single 20mm sweetest dirty water gun ever created.

BTW I have just been out TRYING to drill a hole in the shaft of my RA 150. Last time I snapped the spear at the flopper trying to straighten it :duh. I gave up I snapped 2 drills and made a mess of it man I hate that gun.

cheers

Reactions: Griff
No, Its a 6.5mm.
My fingers were faster than my brain- again.:duh

Hi Jon, congrats on the new purchase. about filling the barrel with foam, i'm not sure if that would work. they plug the barrel very well so it never fills with water. if you do still want to foam fill it, dont try taking the handle off, rather go for the muzzle. its still a job to remove though. i've been told that the best way to get the muzzle off is using a block of wood. slide it down the rail, so you knock it where the rubber is attached.

as for mounting, you know the screws at hte handle are horizontal. why dont you drill another hole a bit further along and put two bolts right through the barrel. then you have an attachment point for your mounting, and there isnt much lost if you ever take it off, just another two holes in the barrel. just keep in mind that the plug starts some where in front of the handle.

ivan, the 110, 20mm rubber, 7mm spear is a very sweet setup, and i can see that this 150 is causing you a lot of grief. do yourself a favour, send it my way and i'll make sure it never bothers you again;) we were gifted with some clean water on friday. 20m+ viz. only problem is that the one couta/mac that i chased kept out of range :duh. nothing a 150 wouldnt solve...
btw, anyone ever tried a double wrap on a 110 with single 20?

hey fuzz, werent you getting a RA carbon? i'd be surprised if they didnt float.

Last edited:
hi

Griffster my boy your keen on the 150's eh. My 110 is setup with a double wrap 50cm 20mm and a 140cm 7mm.

The 150 is an absoulte cannon in clean water, though watch it in 20ft vis and less can be dangerous if you know what I mean. It is the most mongrel gun to track in the world ive been considering chopping it up into a 130 but I think I will stick with it and test a bit more.

The rubbers on it are far too short well at least I think so cos its got LOTS of recoil and Im not sure it is as accurate as the 110. Oh did I mention a 190cm 7mm spear bends like a noodle even on a small 20lb spanish mack. But I only bought it to snipe shy fish in very clean water other wise I ALWAYS USE THE 110 :cool:

cheers

ivan, i'm not keen on any 150, just yours. i'd probably also chop it to a 130, or maybe a 135 to confuse everyone.
the 110 is perfect 99% of the time, but those 1% fish can realy irritate you when they stay out of range.
got the sardine run comming, so send it quickly!

Reactions: ivan
hi

He He what a top bloke this is what its all about when were not diving were talking about Railguns.

Hey where is my other South african Bruddah who confuses us with his 135's and 145's :D havent seen him here lately.

99% is the best way to describe the usage of my 110 as well. Oh yeah Griff my 150 is not useable at the moment anyway so you'll have to ask Abri for his confusing 145 :D

cheers

I know that this is an old thread, but I finally came up with something. I posted more details under the photo section.

Jon

Last edited:
Nice! You may have solved my problem of carrying a camera while diving...

Is that an Olympus in a Camedia PT housing?

Yes, it's an Olympus 505 in a Pt-015 housing.

Here's a better shot.

Jon

Last edited:
Doesnt it get in the way when you load the gun? And what about aiming, any probs?

Nice job! Very neat. :)

edit: Ignore me, I just found the thread in the Photgraphy section...:eek:

I'd think the camera would do better on the head. Whereever you look is filmed instead of the guncamera flashing from r-l trying to find a tgt. The military puts camera on the helmet for closequarter battle fighting..because the gun is evrywhere as well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT