• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

speargun for sale

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ryan3101983

Jun 15, 2009
Hello every one. I am new to this site and was looking for some suggestions on selling a couple of custom spearguns. Or if any one is interested for them self write me back. I have two custom teak guns one is a semi enclosed track and one is open. both are 50" 9/32 shaft with steve alexander triggers. also both have custom aluminum reels that freely reel in and have an adjustable drag going out. Both have custom aluminum handles with wood grips. All the guns I have are custom made by myself and were built for myself or a close friend. Also the reels are a custom design that I came up with that I have not seen any where else. Now I have a couple extra and would like to sell them so I can get some feed back on what people think. I will let them go at a very good price if who ever buys them would be willing to send me some feed back. If any one is intrested send me your email address and I will send you some pics. and answer any questions you may have

why not post some pics online here so we can have a look im in the market for a gun we can chat id be more than willing to give feed back

here are a couple of pics

Attachments

• speargun 018.jpg
    speargun 018.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 181
  • speargun 016.jpg
    speargun 016.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 157
  • speargun 022.jpg
    speargun 022.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 161
  • speargun 025.jpg
    speargun 025.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 200
Nice guns. (fourth pic) I like the barrel on the bottom one and the stock on the next one up. If I could buy one it would be the second from the bottom (also in the first pic). Unfotunately for me I can't use a gun that long.

Nice work though!

thanks. I have been thinking about getting more in to building guns as a side business for my self. I love doing it and I have a job that allows me to build guns on the side and not worry too much about trying to make money. I try and build about 4 or 5 every two months or so. If you have any interest I can build any size or shape you want. Just let me know and we might be able to work something out. Right now Im just looking for feed back and to have the price of parts covered.

can you give me the rough cost of a smaller 100cm gun by the way nice work the guns look really good i dont need anything to fancy but maybe like the 4th pic the gun at the top of the stack

Last edited:
The gun in the first pic. I like that style of tying the bands. Do you notice any performance difference?

I would be interested in that style of gun, 75 - 90cm long with the handle moved forward about 9" or so.

as far as a price on a gun I was hoping for some thing in the 300 to 400 dollar range on the guns I already made. For a 100 cm gun we would need to discuss things like reels, enclosed tracks, handles and shaft. But I would think all the parts and materials would add up to about 275 plus I would have to ship it to you and I dont know what shipping would cost. The bands that are tied in I cant comment on because that was the first time I used them and about a week after I finished the gun I tore my ACL and have not been able to go diving. If you want to get into more details then I will give you my info and we can talk in more detail.

Attachments

• speargun 020.jpg
    speargun 020.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 120
  • speargun 021.jpg
    speargun 021.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 130
  • speargun 024.jpg
    speargun 024.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 142
usually i use a float line not a reel so that yeah we could discuss um send me a pm and ill give you my email address then we can talk details

After looking, with the forward handle the second from the top.... I'm thinking about going to the St Pete Open in Aug. I'd like to get over to see Martin Stepanek too. Not sure I could buy a gun at the same time... I'll see what I can do.

hi im not interested in buying cause ive no money for one but just thought id say they look fantastic! im in the wood working industry and i appreciate how much time and effort goes into something of this quality.
im sure you will have no problems selling and hope you can further a business in gun making :)

Sorry every one who wrote me. I just got back in to town right now and I will return all pm's by this time tomorrow.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT