• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

speargun help!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

madprops

Apr 22, 2009
ok i found this speargun at a yard sale and got it for free:)

it says nemrod by seamless on the gun handle and it says torpedero on top of that
it has a hand pump

and it has a pic of a guy shooting a bow and arrow

the handle is 30 cm from the front of the gun. the gun is 100cm long (137cm) with the air pump

the gun is a light blue with some yellow rings

so what can you tell me about my speargun and what type of spears do i need to buy for it??

i had one spear but i broke it trying to get a small bend out of it. i guess i could just weld it back together but i would like to get new spears as well

Sounds like a mid handle 50 or 60 cm gun as it's 100cm with the pump fitted. However I'm assuming that you only fit the pump to pump it and remove it to use it. If you don't them I've never seen the like. Any airgun spear of similar length and thickness would fit. The trigger latches onto the internal piston not the spear so the spear just has a simple tapered end (usually a screw on fitting). Most knowledgable member I know off with regard to air guns is popgun pete. look him up in the members list and pm him. Bet he tells you more than you ever wanted to know.

Dave

PS edited my post to find pete for you http://forums.deeperblue.com/members/popgun-pete.html

Last edited:
Sounds like a mid handle 50 or 60 cm gun as it's 100cm with the pump fitted. However I'm assuming that you only fit the pump to pump it and remove it to use it. If you don't them I've never seen the like. Any airgun spear of similar length and thickness would fit. The trigger latches onto the internal piston not the spear so the spear just has a simple tapered end (usually a screw on fitting). Most knowledgable member I know off with regard to air guns is popgun pete. look him up in the members list and pm him. Bet he tells you more than you ever wanted to know.

Dave

PS edited my post to find pete for you DeeperBlue Forums - View Profile: popgun pete

no its 100 cm with out the pump 137 cm with the pump

PM sent thanks for the link

Reactions: Old Man Dave
Durgh! I need to learn to read :duh. Good luck mate.

Dave

PS have some rep for not taking the p*ss out of an old man.

Hey i happened to stumble across the same gun at a garage sale, except it doesnt have the pump. anyone know where i could find a pump or some sort of CO2 to power it?

Hi,
This sounds like the kind of thing that i remember my dad using during the late sixties,
I think they were buit in Spain and used a lot throughout the med and obviously made it over here to the uk!
Mid handled pre-desessor to the likes of the mares stens etc.

i think there may still be one up in the roof of my garage, i'll have to try to look it out at the weekend!

Dave.
BSA safety officer.

If you could Dave that would be great as I want to see a pic?

Vintage Spearguns

[/CENTER]

Attachments

• torpedero.jpg
    torpedero.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
Really wish that i was a bit better at this computing stuff, sorry that came out so big, but is that the gun in question?

Reactions: foxfish
Arr thanks mate looks really coool, I want one with a rebuilt inside & a mamba kit!

Attachments

• torpedero.jpg
    torpedero.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 274
This should work as a thumbnail and enlarge if you click on it. Can't edit your post for you as I don't have mentor powers on this section of the forum.

Dave.

Attachments

• torpedero.jpg
    torpedero.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 292
anybody seen the Cobra guns from Brazil they are a similar desgin but look alot more modern.... one in the dive shop the other day getting rebuilt. has a reel mounted to the handle, the unit is All black with yellow writing and highlights, pretty cool looking gun but never heard nor used one before.

DD

Not quite the same as the one that i have in the garage, i think that could be a Nemrod 'Clipper'
Check out www.skindivinghistory.com look at their photos of vintage guns, thought i had seen most things until i looked on there!
you will see an olod mid handled woodie on there called an 'Addict' i think and my grandfather still has a working one which he uses when i wheel him down to my secret flatty spot a couple of times a year! (i could be wrong but i think he's 76 now!!)
Dave.
BSA safety officer.

This should work as a thumbnail and enlarge if you click on it. Can't edit your post for you as I don't have mentor powers on this section of the forum.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,
i'm sure i'll get the hang of it one day!

Dave,
BSA Safety officer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT