• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Speargun rack design / speargun storage

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
I just ordered a couple of new spearguns and then realised I'll need to improve my storage system!

Currently I store my spearguns on a garage wall, above some old skis, using big bike hooks. But I have run out of free wall space.I think I may need to make something out of wood. I wondered if anybody had come up with a good design or product? I have a vague recollection that Miles made himself a rack.

One idea that occurred to me is to fix 2 or 3 vertical batons to the wall. The batons could have holes drilled in for dowels that stick out and tilt back to hold the spearguns.

It would be good if the rack could also hold the skis, ski poles and our fishing rods. Skis are quite heavy though, so perhaps should not necessarily include those.

There are some good speargun rack images on Google. Turns out Mako sell hooks for just this purpose, mounted in batons it looks good. Not unlike what I have already but more suitably sized hooks:

This is pretty much what I was looking for:
b931e8dd92d92c3c2053eb4c8caddf5d.jpg

The owner of this one is rather well known ;)

Last edited:
FYI I found some small storage hooks at Screwfix and at Tool station.

The Screwfix hooks are a little bigger but more expensive.

I've ordered the Toolstation hooks. They are a bit smaller, which might be a problem, but they are cheaper and I prefer the look of them. I bought enough - 6 pairs - to qualify for free delivery (as there isn't a Toolstation nearby).

I plan to mount them on 2 batons, screwed to the wall, 45cm apart. Why 45cm? It's the width of the blocks used in the wall and it is better to drill the mortar joints, which are easily filled later, rather than the blocks themselves. Also, I want to be able to support the shortest barrel I have, 60cm - it might even handle a 45cm barrel if I ever go smaller. Should be ok for 75, 90 and 95 too - and maybe a 110 one day.

Universal Hook 7cm https://g.co/kgs/bJ3Hu4

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT