• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Speargun Stolen in Isla Vista!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bluewater

Aquatic Tetrapod
Oct 24, 2002
I just wanted to post a message here since I know at least one other freediver from UC Santa Barbara visits this board. Friday night I had my riffe metal tech #3 stolen out of my car in Isla Vista. I was sure that my door was locked but somehow someone got in and took the gun. I would appreciate it if you freedivers in the Santa Barbara area would keep a look out for any unusually cheap riffes being sold and give me a heads up since I have the serial #s to prove its mine. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy another gun this school year so I'm hoping I can get this one back.
Thanks all

Chad Burt
bluewater@umail.ucsb.edu
(805)279-9764

Reactions: Pekka
Hey Chad,

I was just on e-bay after checking the forum and I saw a Riffe MT for sale and the location for the seller was Santa Barbra...:hmm

Just go to www.ebay.com and type in "Riffe" for search and you'll see the gun. I'll save the listing so I'll have the sellers ID and e-mail for a few days. Let me know if you need me to PM the info to you.

Best of luck,
chris

....very generic (cut 'n paste) description on the eBay listing. Spearos usually don't part with their gear without telling a story. :hmm .

Good luck to you bluewater.

Ted

*Good eye, Chris.

Good Luck trying to find your gun. Please let us know if the Ebay lead turned something up. Thanks!

Good luck getting your gun back.. I remember when we (dad and my bro) where on our way to Norway for some spearfishing and some people broke into our car and stole some gear, but obviously had no clue what the spearguns where worth as they were left in untouched.. still have it with me..

Pekka

Karma to you all.

Big ups to you guys for helping out the Chad-man with his loss. When your gear gets jacked from IV, man....:head

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT