• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearin in brac/dalmatia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

harpune1

Harpunetti
Apr 8, 2004
hi guys been off for a while have no internet anymore :waterwork !

i wanted to ask if any one knows about the island brac in croatia?
any informations?

hi all :thankyou
harpune

Reactions: Alison
hi alison thx!my hollidays were fine caught some tasty fishys too!
sry for late reply but i now work at the redcross and have no internet :waterwork

i wanted too know about shops, good ,places, licenses?
anything that could support me a bit!
thx too all

hi!
here you go for a start..

http://www.oropila.com/karte/brac-l.jpg

http://www.oropila.com/karte/brac-d.jpg

i don't know much about brac, i've been there as a kid but as i heard from some people it is really crowded in july and august( as all the croatian islands). anyway if you have a boat you should be able to find some good spots.
in croatia you need a permit which you can buy in the local harbour office( ask for it imediatly after you get off the ferry as it is usually located on the same spot.).
the prices are: 60 kunas/day, 150/ 3days, 300/7days, 700/month. make sure that you have it with you when you go spearing. you can kiss goodbye all your gear plus fish and pay a fine of 3000 kunas if they catch you. the diving buoy is also obligatory but if you hunt in shallow water you might get away with having no buoy. you can carry up to two guns with you, one attached to the buoy.
have fun!

Reactions: FletchHR
hi,
bol is the most visited tourist town in brač so i will asume you will get a chance to go there, if you do, i suggest you rent a boat if you don't have one, and go south from bol, down the costline, and after a few miles, you will find some good spots to go spearfishing, there are some places with very little or no people, around there, and if you are lucky, you might find a nice secluded beach, and great underwater fishing areas on bouth sides of it(points)...hope i helped...

hi
i moved to hvar 3 years ago. Before i lived in germany.
If you got questions just ask me, my island is the neigbour-island of brac and even nicer.

i visited Brač like 8 years ago in Sutivan; spaco is right -> all island is very crowded; i probably never saw an island so crowded and i visited almost every island in Dalmacija ; popular islands are also nearby Šolta and Hvar; Bol is the center town of Brač island and has a famous beach; in Sutivan i saw the biggest tuna in my life; its neck was like 1m wide; it was a monster O_O; i saw a canadair in action too
never went in a restaurant or a shop except groceries; more east of Sutivan, i visited Lovrenčina with its beautiful coast too
i got an ear infection so no free diving for me :blackeye:crutch

Last edited:
goodbye all your gear plus fish and pay a fine of 3000 kunas if they catch you. the diving buoy is also obligatory but if you hunt in shallow water you might get away with having no buoy. you can carry up to two guns with you, one attached to the buoy.
whoa... guess I've always hunted shallow waters, never had a buoy... may have to get one I guess. also did not know you needed to attach one gun to the buoy... thanks... much to learn...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT