• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing/Clarity Report - Central Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
By the way, that trout look like a Brooky. I've never seen one of those in there, either. But then, I've never dove that lake when the surface was cold.

Yes, easily 20 lb carp. I've done quite a bit of bowfishing too & weigh my fish. I've taken two 29 pounders and one 31 pounder. Usually though, the carp are under 20. Spearing, I've shot two 23 pounders and one 24 pounder.
I don't know, how long does it take for a carp to get that big? Carp are bad... :) but I sure like seeing them because they are fun to shoot, especially the big ones!!

That was the first trout I had seen too (10-15 trips). Then Saturday I saw a whole bunch in the same area I always dive. I ran into a school of at least 10 on one dive. Usually I just see a bunch of smallies, but only saw 2 or 3. I was wondering if they maybe just stocked it for the opening day of trout season. There's room in that lake to hide anything!

They used to stock the lake with trout years ago, but then stopped- at least that's what I was told.

Maybe they started agin? If they did start planting trout, I wonder if that now means we can no longer spearfish there? I talked to the local warden a few years ago and he told me spearing was completely legal in the lake at that time, but if they are now planting I'm starting to wonder if that changes things. :confused:

Jon

I thought the regs only regulated against spearing in TROUT STREAMS. Cause there are many lakes that have planted trout. Even in lakes that run into trout streams- it's ok. Just the streams themselves are off limits.

So when's Freedive-A-Palooza 2010 gonna take place? I'm really looking forward to that!

not sure- I didn't get anytime off this summer- as it was already taken. But I might be able to do a weekend. Will have to look at my schedule at work.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT