• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing Product of the Year?/Favourite gear?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Well thanks to Mr xs advice i now use washing line, works very well too! -

Attachments

• P1020885(1).JPG
    P1020885(1).JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 158
my omer ice fins!
and imersion concept t4 75 incredible range with those 2x16mm!

ja, thisis exactly what i use, i just did remove the reel.
and the best is i bought it brandnew from a guy who got it as present and didnt need it anymore. price was 40Euro (incl shipment 18euro)
great value for the priceroflrofl:friday

Reactions: Mr. X
My best bit of diving equipment in general is my mum.

Cos even after we've woken her up at dawn on a Saturday, (we try to be quiet getting ready to go honest!) She still cares enough to thrust a hot coffee into my hands as soon as we get back to the family Batch from our morning out on the sea.

It gets pretty cold down here at the 45th parallel so that first cup of coffee is a godsend I can assure you!!!

Reactions: Mr. X and spaghetti
My best bit of diving equipment in general is my mum.

Cos even after we've woken her up at dawn on a Saturday, (we try to be quiet getting ready to go honest!) She still cares enough to thrust a hot coffee into my hands as soon as we get back to the family Batch from our morning out on the sea...
:)Sounds good. Hope you make sure she gets plenty of fresh fish for her kindness. ;)

A couple of items that have grown on me recently:

RA catch bag -- 'Thought the one I have was way too big at first and getting a crab in when you have several in there already can be quite a challenge (the weight tends to close it up & spiders grab on all over the place) but I have grown to appreciate the toughness, simplicity and even the size of it. Handy for crabs, scallops & better than the stringer if you have to carrying several fish any distance. Folded & tied on the float, it can be low profile. I also have a lighter weight, finer mesh bag with a clasp type opening for crabs but take the RA more often - figure it will last longer.

RA stringer - big & tough, I originally thought this was a little OTT for the UK. However the long, tick cable & heavy duty swivel are useful features when you have several fish & the end loop allows easy clipping with a karabiner or orca clip(unfortunately the swivel doesn't - a stainless steel ring or keyring would be a useful addition). The big stainless steel pin is a very good iki spike and stays sharp - although than means having a protective point cover on it whenever not in use is advisable:crutch.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT