• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing Venezuela

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yes. this summer i spent two months in venezuela visiting my mom's family. the spearing over there is great! lots of blue water oportunities and a large variety of reef fish. I did most of my spearing off Puerto and Los Roques archipielago.

also the girls are off the hook and very tight ;) be sure to take your own equipment, as the equipment over there is very expensive and take dolars with you, lots of them because you can trade them for bolivares at about double the official value.

if oyu have any questions just ask me or send me a PM

good luck and happy hunting

not any that wont get me in trouble :p
actualy i do have its just htat i get a message saying that they are too big and i dont know how to resize them. if anyone knows give me a PM

How did you guys do most of your diving? from boats or from the shore. Would like to get in the deeper water.

All of our diving was freediving. it was all done from boats. it was all in 40-60 foot range. Most species we went after were barracuda, groupers (which happen to be smarter than some groupers ive seen in other places) and mackrels. we saw some sailfish near some baitballs, but we didnt have the right equipment to take on such a formidable pray.

if you are going from a tourist area such as Los Roques, you will probably be able to arrange for a small local fisherman to take you out, a dive charter, or a fishing charter. Knowledge of the local language is imperative for dealing with local chix, although ive prettended to only know english (im tri-lingual) and a bottle of scotch was good enough for them...

we also saw lots of snapper, but were going mailny after other fish.

hope this helps. if yu have any questions just ask
also, you may want to try this link out

www.pescaloapulmon.com.ve

the site is in spanish but im gona give you a head start. on the menu on the left, click on where it says "chicas" :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT