• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sPECIALFINS ORDER

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

oreana123

Dec 1, 2003
I received my monofin from Finswimming world today. Very quick delivery, exactly one week from order date, and I am sure that the recent holiday slowed it down a day.
I purchased the long distance, #2 type of monofin with mask, snorkel and booties, as well as the backpack carry case.
After warming up in the pool, I put on my mask and snorkel. I got the adjustment right so the snorkel did not cause the mask to leak. Even though the snorkel is situated between my eyes, it really does not bother forward vision at all.
I purchased a boot size that allowed for some room, but the boots were very tight. The boots have two pads inside, one pad is situated under the arch of the foot and one pad covers the top of the foot. I needed some room so I pulled out the top pad. I used a double layer running sock to protect my foot and the boots did not feel too bad. I hope to toughen up my feet and break in the boots even more. I am thinking about repositioning the straps by ungluing them and then gluing them together in a larger size.
OK, performance. With two fins, a freediver can put a lot of force into the fins using the big muscles of the legs. The monfin allows a swimmer to put an INSANE amount of force into the fin. Using back and stomach and leg muscles, you can fly through the water. There is a slight learning curve to be able to swim straight, but is easy to learn (steering), and then you can really rip. The best aerobic workout anyone could desire.
At $125 this fin is awesome. After I have resolved some foot comfort issues, I will be ready for open water in Kona in less than two weeks.
(see this forum in beginner speardiving for comments about my new blades from specialfins) John Spurlock Boise:D

Reactions: jodyfreedive
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT