• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SpecialFins Spearo Line fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Austin

Aug 30, 2002

I copied this message here from the Matrix fins thread for better visibility.

Web site is www.specialfins.com

Austin

Last edited:
Austin,

Good call on the new thread. .

The spearo fins sound intriguing, but I'm still most interested in those Pro fins that you will be testing. I am pretty content with my Dessaults for spearfishing, and it would take one heluva review to convince me to roll the dice on yet another pair of fins.

Ted,

Sounds like the Spearo line will be a little shorter and slightly wider. Also a little more ridgid than the Freediving Pro fins. I am asking Jyri if he is sending me the Spearo line fins.

All the modifications made for these Spearo Line equalents for Freediving Pro fins are well planned and tested.
Even though you may be diving deep to find the fish...these will provide equal thrust with more manouverability.

Also...as these are hand laminated...the gradual release of power is fantastic and will make this a blade that is very much "alive".

Shorther fins are much better suited for surface swimming. There will be no significant recurve....hence there will be less drag.

As these fins will be wider...their total area is pretty much the same or even more as that of Freediving PRO. As the leverage will not curve the tip overly, power in your kick is more economical and less oxygen consuming.

Please notice that these fins are on their last round of tests and the final product will be out within two months.

Reviews should appear in most major english mags out there.

Need more info???
Catch me at mikko@specialfins.com

Safe spearing!
Mikko

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…