• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SpecialFins Spearo Line

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Austin

Aug 30, 2002
SpecialFins is coming out with a new Spearo Line of fins. I will be testing them in the coming weeks.

I am not affiliated with SpecialFins.

Fins are not yet on the website.

Images to follow.

Pro Transparent

The Pro fins can be made in Tansparent or Camo.
Transparent image follows:

Attachments

• specialfins_protrans01.jpg
    specialfins_protrans01.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 320
Another Pro Transparent

Attachments

• specialfins_protrans02.jpg
    specialfins_protrans02.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 322
One more Pro Trans

Attachments

• specialfins_protrans03.jpg
    specialfins_protrans03.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 308
Classic Transparent

These fins are not angled like the Pro.

Attachments

• specialfins_classictrans01.jpg
    specialfins_classictrans01.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 306
One more Classic.

Attachments

• specialfins_classictrans02.jpg
    specialfins_classictrans02.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 307
I will be taking underwater pictures and writing a review once I get the fins.

Hey Austin,

They looked all same to me. What is the difference?
By the way if its not angled like pro how its supposed to be spero line? Doesn't speros need more surface swimming which require angle? Or am i mixing those concepts a lot?:D

hi

Depends what type of spearo you are, some swim around on the surface all day taking fish in shallow water, where as some stay in a small area and do deep dives with less surface swimming.

cheers

Ivan,

I think that suits better " The speros whoes lucky enough to get boat for offshore or the speros lucky enough to have a powerfull legs for inshore" rofl

hi

He He never done a shore dive in my life, the reef starts about 15Miles off shore so that would be a long swim.

Suppose you could swim off the beach to some of the costal reefs with 10cm Vis

cheers

In here we have caves and rocks as soon as you enter the sea.:D
But these areas are overfished by unresposible speros. Generally ideal place for baby grouper killers. But if you swam 100-200 meters you have a chance to find untouched or reef with marine life.

hi

Buy a 12ft Tinny with a 15hp motor and you will be able to travel 10-30kms off shore and find some real BLUE water and good reefs, well maybe

cheers

Hahaha.....
Sure i can....

Few days ago a famous singer came here from Turkey for concert. His name is Sinan Özen. He used jet-ski to go from here to South coast of Türkey:duh . Normally fuel was over and he traped in the middle of the blue water. Police found him with helicopters after 2-3 days:head

hi

Yeah sorry man better stop talking crap, he can still put his review of the fins in to get some more responses.

cheers

Murat,

I will know more about the fins once I get them in. Maybe Mikko will drop in and tell us more about them. The Classic fins are made out of fiberglass like the Matrix fins. They have no angle. I think the entire Spearo line is shorter and a litter wider than normal freediving fins. The Pro blades have the angle which should make it easier to swim on the surface.

Murat,

Not a problem, you and Ivan just got carried away.

Ivan,

I was only using this thread as an introduction to the fins. Review will be in another thread once I get them.

Hi!

Well...these are still very much on proto level but the basic differences are:

"Classic" is a traditional fibreglass fin. It is also semi transparent but due to restrictions of the material it can not be laminated in an angle. This will be the chapest of the Spearo Line fins.

"Pro"......I do not know who invented this name for this proto??
This is to be named Chameleon due to its fantastic transparency. It is not completely transparent but in water becomes much more transparent than the classic model.
This provides even better snap and is laminated in an optimal angle. There will be new type on camo version of this one.

"Pro" is actually a workname that has been used for Carbon/kevlar hybrid fins. Someone got the names mixed up in the process.

PLEASE DO NOTICE THAT ALL THESE BLADES ARE PROTOS!!! THEIR NAMES AND LOOKS WILL CHANGE FOR ACTUAL LAUNCH.
THERE WILL BE THREE/FOUR DIFFERENT MODELS AND WHEN THEY ARE POSTED ON SPECIALFINS WEB SITE....THEN IT IS OFFICIAL.
THESE ARE NOT PHOTOS OF ACTUAL PRODUCTS!!!

Yes, all Spearo Line fins are slightly shorter and slightly wider than conventional freediving fins. This is to improve their sprinting and surface swimming qualities and to maximize manouverability on the surface and underwater alike.

As I do not wish to make an ad of this..please contact me for further info....mikko@specialfins.com

Safe spearing!

Mikko

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT