• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spetton Apnea suit hard to put on and off..Freedive Buddy in melbourne for training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Luna

Mar 13, 2013
It seems like no one in Melbourne is really into Freedive at all.. so hard to find a group of like mind people.. i am a super beginner and looking for a buddy to do some training before i will get to do stage A with Eres Beatus in April when he comes to Melbourne. i also bought an Apnea woman suit from Spetton from spain.. my god it was super hard to put on the vest and worse one is to put off!!!!...size 3 of 3mm is a bit loose for me but i assumed that size 2 i will be die in that vest... anyone can give me recommendation for this? i know that i need lube..but i cant try it with lube because i have to return it. anyway the torso area are so stiff.. :( i was thinking to use my orca wetsuit instate and put more weights on..

Re: Spetton Apnea suit hard to put on and off..Freedive Buddy in melbourne for traini

Hi Luna,
There's a small group training at Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park. We'll be there next Thursday at 7pm.

Hi Luna,
There's a small group training at Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park. We'll be there next Thursday at 7pm.
Hi Tim. That is awesome;) I would be there! Is that a member kind of thing? How would I recognize anyone ? I am a member of msac. How many people are they? I am super new in this but I used to be a swimmer when I was little. Did scuba advanced padi. Now I realized I might like it better with no tank and CBD on it. So I am taking a class in April with Erez Beatus. But before hand I do like to get to try my suit and fins to be comfortable with it before the actual course starts. Looking forward to hear from you xx Luna

Re: Spetton Apnea suit hard to put on and off..Freedive Buddy in melbourne for traini

Email the store about your question weather you may test the suit with lube, I would be surprised if they made it impossible to test the suit with lube. Putting on a open cell suit without is like doing a de hair job (?) all over your body, painful and it does not give you certainty weather a suit fits. Test with lube!

Welcome to DB, welcome to freediving!

Kars

Freedivers are usually recognisable by their long fins, and monofins :D

Hi Luna,
Nice to see another Melbourne freediver around. You're right, freedivers are a bit on the rare side around here but the others have already pointed you to a group where you can have some training buddies :) I can't make the training there to meet you somewhere, but if you look out for people with large fins you'll find them. If not ask the life guards, they're usually well aware of the odd group of people swimming around in long fins, masks and wetsuits and can point you in the right direction.

Can't help you much with the wetsuit, as Kars said, ideally you need lube to test it properly. I guess it depends what you want it for and how serious you're planning on getting. The apnea specific wetsuits are the best but many of them are a pain to get on and off. You can use your diving wetsuit with more weight to start with if you want. Honestly I find them a bit annoying to freedive in. (Quite thick, not very flexable and a few other issues) however if you like it, can't see why you can't start with it now and upgrade later. I mess around in the ocean with a sharkskin suit I've had for a few years and like it (flexable, tough, non-boyant and easy to put on and off at the shore), however I rarely compete, it wouldn't be ideal for that. Also if you're sensitive to the cold I wouldn't recommend it for the colder months in the ocean around here.

Anyway good, luck, hope to see you around at some point :)

Thanks guys for all recommendations. i've found the group freedive on FB melbourne. I will be at MSAC to join up the group.. hopefully i can learn something from them and making a new friends like minded..and dive more:)
wetsuit wise.. i am selling them on ebay.. or send it back..no worries ..just bought another one thinner Beauchat spearfishing woman 1.5 mm and when its getting colder i will get bigger one... it is frustrating not be able to try first and australia is so expensive and less choices for ladies that you better get it online
:friday

Reactions: Kars
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT