• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spirtuality

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have noticed that Atheist Zealots

can be just malicios and abrasive as religios zealots.

After all Atheists like Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin nad Mao Tze Tong have murdered a plenty.

Live and let live applies to everybody regardless of which religion you subscribe too (yes, atheism is a religion).

For me freediving is a place of refuge. A place to recuperate. Whenever life gets too irritating. I don't know, the brain sort of gets washed cleaned down there in the silence. It's beautiful.

I think it comes from that when you freedive, your pulse is low and your brain is in trance when you do it right and get the longest dives. And a byproduct to that is a recuperation of a stressed physical and mental body. This many calls spirituality, me and my over-scientific view of the world calls it balancing neural electricity, but we're speaking of the same thing and the result is the same. Deered child bears many names.

the Love and Glory of God

The love of God reaches deep and wide..Who can measure his everlasting love?

His pure love redeems us from sorrow.

The Glory of God is the mnifestation of all His attributes and character, all that He is and say and does(The ocean). Everything about God is glorious, and the highest activity of man is to glorify God. All who trust Christ share His glory today and will see His glory in heaven( John 17-22.....

Jesus prays for all believer

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have love them even as you have loved me
Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I man and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creacion of the world
_______________________________________-

"How good is ours Creator that no only gave us the air we breath to sumerge but to look for the spiritual riches"
saludos

Daniel.

Last edited:
:head

Those who continually preach to deaf ears are not concerned with the salvation of the 'non-believers'. Such aimless conversion attempts are the result of a fragile ego trying to curry favor with its creator. Everyone is welcome to express their beliefs, but your posts have ceased to be an expression, and have long since become an awry sermon. Imagine how productive this forum would be if we all did the same :hmm.

This thread was quite interesting and I enjoyed reading it up until this page. Please let it return to its original state. Know your audience. I'm quite certain that there are numerous other internet forums that would receive your words with enthusiasm. Or, are you in it purely for the irritation? Do you worship the god of international annoyance?

Ted

Last edited:
it's really too religious for me. I do understand your feelings about it but , at least for me, religion is complety separeted from freediving. Life is a gift, but freediving is a choice.
you choose to live your life the way you want, so bless yourself for enjoying freediving. feel it well, be successfull in it, spirituality is in feelings, not in diving.
belive in who you want but, please, don't mix everything.

have safe dives en enjoy!

aude

hi

Hi Aude..When you freedive you use your breath-and if you breath is because you are alive- you have the gift of life as you said-do you see the relation . Now who gave us the gift of life ? who gave us that choice to freedive? knowing The Creator make us feel well- be bless and enjoy more what we do-otherwise we can enjoy something without realizing where it came from

We can enjoy and accomplished thing as long as we understand the reason why of certain thing we live

There is no different for us between freediving and having God when are sure of who we have believed and for the signs that He produced in our life..How much we can understand an enjoy more what we do the freediving and the passion for the sea.

We are conscious every day of the visible world around us . We need to remember that this world speak to us of God, His existence, His wisdon, and His power. God created everything. He formed the firmament and filled with the stars and planets. He formed the seas and filled with them with living creatures. He can formed and fill our life today if we will yield to Him.

saludos

Daniel.

Last edited:
I'm on the same plane as Mr. Engelbrecht on this one. For me, diving is less about exploring the unknown, and more about exploring myself. I guess that is spiritual....on a local scale :eek: . I simply relish the idea that if I really need to get away, at least for a moment, I can go to a place where no one could find me, and few could follow.

Last edited:
Oh Brother, Big Brother Again

Hi Folks,

I detest placing limits on you, but in this case, I must.

In the interest of keeping this forum relatively on topic and harmonious, I must ask that you all refrain from venturing into discussions and debates on religious doctrine or dogma. I myself am a practicing Christian and have strong convictions on the subject, so please understand that my request does not emanate from a lack of empathy. If we can't abide by this limit, I'll have to edit the thread by deleting posts, and perhaps close the thread.

Let's all recognize that we participate here to discuss freediving, not our religious convictions, our sexual preferences, our political persuasions, etc. If the admirable way you comport yourself causes others to inquire about your religious beliefs, offline, that's fine, but let's not get into a discussion here of topics that most members did not sign up for and try to avoid.

Now, on the topic of this thread - it almost invites religious statements - let's all define "spirituality" in the most generic sense, shall we?

For example: "For me, freediving is one of many physical pleasures (I'm also a scientist - ditto the thoughts of CEnglebrecht) with which I am able to enjoy, appreciate, and marvel at the world with which God blessed us." 'Nuff said (and please consider my statement an example of the right degree of religious detail).

Last edited:
Hi all

I just found this forum so am a bit late here...

I've been an animist for a year, before that was an atheist.

I've been freediving for 2 years. In early 2011 during a flesh hook suspension I had a vision that I was to spend time in the sea, then travel very far to a 'council of spirits' where I would represent the ocean spirits. The other members represent the other spirit communities: earth, air etc. I had the vision again the next day. Before that I had never experienced a vision in my life! A friend suggested that I should follow the vision, so I ended up on a sailing voyage, which ended with us nearly sinking and the crew preparing to die, at which point I told the ocean spirits that they are in control and that I'm ready to die but if they let me live I'll certainly help them out. Circumstances changed and we got safely to land.

Since then I've been training for freediving because I believe that is the way I am supposed to go speak to the spirits.

I've always had 'divine experiences' while freediving, you know, 'talking to god' or 'seeing the gods' whatever you want to call it.

So I guess you could say I freedive because my gods commanded me to.

Any comments/ideas on this would be greatly appreciated, it's all very new to me and I'm still trying to understand it and what to do next.

Thanks

Viv

Wow impressive story Viv!

Well I must say that Freediving and 't training and way have me had a bunch of mystical experiences.
The thing is that this Helix sport combines so many human abilities with silence that one is very much encouraged to seek and learn from the inner universe. The soft voice within is often only heard when the environment and body and mind is silent.

I don't know about your destination, but I say explore, recognise and apply your talents helping those that are willing and worthy. Do not waste your time on things that are not fulfilling.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Reactions: spaghetti
Hi all

I just found this forum so am a bit late here...

I've been an animist for a year, before that was an atheist.

I've been freediving for 2 years. In early 2011 during a flesh hook suspension I had a vision that I was to spend time in the sea, then travel very far to a 'council of spirits' where I would represent the ocean spirits. The other members represent the other spirit communities: earth, air etc. I had the vision again the next day. Before that I had never experienced a vision in my life! A friend suggested that I should follow the vision, so I ended up on a sailing voyage, which ended with us nearly sinking and the crew preparing to die, at which point I told the ocean spirits that they are in control and that I'm ready to die but if they let me live I'll certainly help them out. Circumstances changed and we got safely to land.

Since then I've been training for freediving because I believe that is the way I am supposed to go speak to the spirits.

I've always had 'divine experiences' while freediving, you know, 'talking to god' or 'seeing the gods' whatever you want to call it.

So I guess you could say I freedive because my gods commanded me to.

Any comments/ideas on this would be greatly appreciated, it's all very new to me and I'm still trying to understand it and what to do next.

Thanks

Viv

I can't remind if any other forum member ever was pushed towards freediving after a flesh hook suspension (Podge maybe? Oh never mind)

But your story is very interesting, and very religious.

Corporal mortification and self inflicted pain as a form of penance, or a means to spring-up someone's spiritual essence and get in touch with the upper entities, is a marked feature in early Christianism. :duh

Not to mention that 33 old guy who ascended to the house of the father after getting floggered all over, pierced in his flesh and tied up. :blackeye

Then the part of your story about your ex voto salvation from an ocean storm sounds like coming straight from the Lives of the Catholic Saints.

It clearly reminds, between many, a story about the three brother Saints Cantius, Cantianus and Cantianilla, proto-martyrs of Christianity who fell under the emperor Diocletian in the IV century.

Legend tells of a ship crew, caught in a hopeless storm, who appealed to the three brother saints and promised to spread their cult in exchange for a lifesaving celestial intervention. The crew made it safe to firm land, and established a town that's still devoted to the cult of Saint Cantius, Cantianus and Cantianilla.

Now Vivian I don't want to make it long, but If i were you i'd ask myself what the spirits expect from me to do exactly....

Now Vivian I don't want to make it long, but If i were you i'd ask myself what the spirits expect from me to do exactly....

Spaggie, with Spirits I usually pour a mixer over them and get um down me neck.:):):friday:friday:friday

Reactions: spaghetti
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT