• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spooo-raaa-suuuuub!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I hope it is not that kind of placeholder like at Breier: BREIER which since almost four years announces the opening of their online store on 11/01/2005 :D They could at least update the date each year - having a 3 years old date there looks little bit weird.

Reactions: settingsteel
Spagho is Happy he!!?:friday I have read an article in the "Pescasubmarina" and it looks like they will present officialy themselves in January:)

So what will happen with Mares Pure Instinct? They rebranded the Sporasub right? Oh well,Pure Instinct is very slow here anyways.

Reactions: strangelove
Ok ok, it's complicated and simple at the same time.
-The Sporasub brand used to belong to the Mares Conglomerate Htm-Head group.
-Then early this year the Mares conglomerate has SOLD the brand "Sporasub" to a Hong Kong based conglomerate.
-Then, recently, the Hong Kong based conglomerate has loaned the brand Sporasub to an italian based dive gear manufacturer (Omer), who will start producing a new line of gear under the brand Sporasub.
-Mind that only the brand has been sold: the buyer of the brand will be free to make their own products, and put on them the brand "Sporasub". But they will be totally different than the previous Sporasub/Mares products (no more relation of any sort between the two brands).
-The new Sporasub catalogue will be released in afew weeks, with some very interesting features: the new company say they will be all top of the shelf, high quality Elite products.
-Sporasub will become the Luxury Brand of Omer, same as Lexus for Toyota f.e..

Reactions: island_sands
Wow, really nice to have this traditional brand back, and aparently using the old logo too... which I much prefer to the "pure instinct" rebranding attempt.

Looking forward to their new catalog.

hmmm not sure if its a smart move for Omer to have sporasub as their "high end" product, i mean sporasubs have always been the "economy" kind of brand, its no C4 by any means, i would have understood if it were the opposite, i.e omer being the high end, those Italians!! :)

That is an interesting turn of events. I wondered if there would be a return of the Sporasub H Dessault fins because one of mine failed. Looks like replacement will be difficult.

That is an interesting turn of events. I wondered if there would be a return of the Sporasub H Dessault fins because one of mine failed. Looks like replacement will be difficult.
The Dessauts never disappeared from the market (as far as I know). At the old times, Dessault manufactured them for Sporasub, but after the takeover of Sporasub, they went independent, and sell them under their own brand. I doubt the new owner of the Sporasub brand would have right to manufacture them without a renewed agreement with Hugues Dessault.

Dessault Sub, products for sub-marine activities

the countdown has started: the new catalogue will be available 15 days from now, look: Sporasub
Menawhile I've seen on Pescasub paper magazine the first ads of the new Sporasub product: a led torch and a good looking smoothskin Yamamoto 45 camo suit. It really looks the're pointing to top quality stuff....

yes Raf, there's Omer behind the new Sporasub. And they make no mistery of this.

Slightly off topic Spaghetti, but the C4 fins, have Omer any input or is it just the footpockets that they provide.

Cheers!

No there is no relation between C4 and Omer now.
Although, the history of spearing manufacturer has many twists and crossing points through the years. It is traded by historians that a quarter of century ago it was the owner of Omer, Valerio Grassi, who gave C4 the input to start producing carbon blades (C4 was only producing carbon racing bycicles at that time). Funny enough, also at that time Sporasub and Omer where in the same group, way long before Sporasub was taken over by Mares and Valerio Grassi sold Omer to start his new company named Seatec, and way much longer before Omer took over Sporasub a second time, which brings us to current times.
It's all in a twist of twists.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply spaghetti, it seems as you say they are all linked one way or another!

As far as I know they must have only some marketing agreement limited to some countries, but they are two different independent companies.
I reckon that C4 must have some marketing agreements with Omer in the USA (limited to the fact that they share the same importer), with Apnea in Greece, with Spetton in Spain. In facts, in the Spetton USA catalogue I found Mat-Mas fin blades, not C4....

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT