• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub black shark knife

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hero

Oct 19, 2017
Hey mates,
How are ya?
I was looking for a new spearfishing/ dive knife and came across the sporasub black shark knife. It has a rubber camo grip, full tang, line cutter, shaft hole and you have two designs: dagger style blade and the drop point. Looks like a nice knife and found a place nearby to get it cheap (around 35 dollars cheap)

I wanted to know of anyone has experience with this knife. Would ypu recommend it. And with that price since i findbit on the internet for around 65-70 bucks. It looks like good quality and the reviews ive seen confirm this but wanted to know from actual other spearo's.

And should I go with the dagger or drop point style blade? Liked the size. Not to big that it is inconveniant for braining, but also big enough to cut line and rope. It kinda looks like a mix of the riffe and rob allen.

Thanks in advance guys! (And the girls ofcourse)

Hey mates,
How are ya?
I was looking for a new spearfishing/ dive knife and came across the sporasub black shark knife. It has a rubber camo grip, full tang, line cutter, shaft hole and you have two designs: dagger style blade and the drop point. Looks like a nice knife and found a place nearby to get it cheap (around 35 dollars cheap)

I wanted to know of anyone has experience with this knife. Would ypu recommend it. And with that price since i findbit on the internet for around 65-70 bucks. It looks like good quality and the reviews ive seen confirm this but wanted to know from actual other spearo's.

And should I go with the dagger or drop point style blade? Liked the size. Not to big that it is inconveniant for braining, but also big enough to cut line and rope. It kinda looks like a mix of the riffe and rob allen.

I can tell you what brand NOT to get - that’s Omer dive knives, I have to CLR mine after every dive to stop rust on the laser cut blades.

Ideally if it’s your soul dive knife you want a sharp tip to brain fish a serrated side to cut up your bait fish and a sharp straight blade on the other side for emergency situations - ropes, reef etc.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mates,
How are ya?

I have the drop point version, the handle is not rubber grip, it is plastic. The blade itself is sharp and the steel its made off is good quality and it is very corrosion resistant, i have used it a few times and it only has a few very shallow rust spots, some wd40 and they are gone. The handle is not the best quality, but its ok. there is a button on the handle that clicks in place snugly when you slide the blade into the the sheath, and it is easy to pulled it out with one hand! The straps it comes with are rubberlike and nicely adjustable! All in all its a nice knife!
For the price, i paid 40 euros but i guess its different because it is made in europe and it needs to be shipped to the us !

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT