• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sporasub dessault color debate

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Windrifter

Jun 17, 2003
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the answer to this "debate" at the deeperblue store?

"Answer to Mike. Scubastore Sales
The difference in these fins is in colour only. The different colours do not represent different stiffness of the blades. Please ask any further questions to sales@scubastore.com "

"stiffness!. Dario from Canada
Black blades are stiffer than green and blue, which are the same stiffness.The ones we get here anyway. "

The current colors are grey, green, and black. Older colors include orange and blue also.

I may just have to email sporasub, but if anyone knows the answer, that would be great. (And, I did email the scubastore a while back...no answer.)

Thanks,

Clinton

The color coding described by Dario fits the Imersion Esclapez fins (actually blue should be even softer than green, but I have never seen a pair of blue ones myself) so he might have had the brands confused.

The same coloring system might be used by other manufacturers as well, but I'm aftaid I don't know about Sporasub.

Johnny

For Sporasub fins, the color used to be related to the stifness, but it's no longer true.
They stopped this perhaps 5 years ago.

Fabrice

older colors and newest blades

Thanks for the info.

I bought an older pair of dessaults with blue blades as a gift for a friend. I know he preferred less than the max rigidity in the dessaults from about six years ago. So, it looks like I probably got him blades that are within that range.

Does anyone know what level of rigidity sporasub settled with when they went to a uniform stiffness? Did they go with the medium rigidity of the old blades...max rigidity?

--Clinton

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT