• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub Diablo vs Imersion Seriole. Need advice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

telvsaas

Jan 21, 2005
I am going to buy my first suit. I live in Norway and watertemp is from 2Celsius (winter) to 18 Celsius (summer). I have been looking at the Sporasub Diablo 6mm with Metalite inside and the Imersion Seriole 5.5mm open cell. Any advices???

I don’t have any experience with either suit, but if all other things were equal, I would pick an inside coating, like Sporasub Metalite over straight open cell. Open cell without a coating is so hard to put on (you have to get the lubricant everywhere) and because of that it tends to not last as long. You should still use lubricant with a coating, buts its not a critical to get it on every little centimeter of the inside of the suit.

I do have Sporasub Metalite socks and they are very warm.
don

Hi,

I went looking for a suit for the same conditions (Malmoe, Sweden) and ended up choosing between:

1. Sporasub Diabolo (6 mm)
2. CressiSub Super Competition (6/6,5 mm) (now called Pesca team, I think)
3. Imersion Seriole (6 mm)

By chance I got hold of the Imersion in France. Considering the fact that it was cheap by Swedish standards, I bought it. I love the suit, only wish that the "backside of the midsection" (hope this post passes the 13-year-old rating...) was more protected. Also, I'm careful to roll up the cuffs before donning the suit. It also came with a loading pad.

A friend of mine uses the Sporasub and likes it (we're pretty much of the same shape, ~1.80/70). The Cressi is supposed to be a great suit, but a bit pricey...

Good luck!

//Per

Hi,

another thing came to mind just after hitting the button and it's on the line of donmoore's post. IMO, donning an open-cell suit is worth the hassle once you get into the water,but putting it on gets pretty cold during the winter season unless you can change indoors. Being cold tends to make me a bit more clumsy when doffing the thing and I have to be really careful not to tear it. No problem during the summer, though.

//Per

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT