• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub Eyelight Torch, any reviews???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sar Gos

Oct 8, 2015
Hey Spearos.
Does anybody of you use the sporasub eyelight torch. I want to buy it, because it looks like it is a great one for spearfishig.
Whats your opinion about this torch?

e.g. http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/sporasub-eyelight/132142/p
This one?
eyelight02_head.jpg

Rechargeable batteries is a good feature. Looks small to me but the newer LED lights are so much brighter and more energy efficient - so that is probably equivalent to or better than the old Omersub Moonlight torches. Pricey tho.

Last edited:
e.g. http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/sporasub-eyelight/132142/p
This one?
eyelight02_head.jpg

Rechargeable batteries is a good feature. Looks small to me but the newer LED lights are so much brighter and more energy efficient - so that is probably equivalent to or better than the old Omersub Moonlight torches. Pricey tho.
I recently ordert it now. Because it seems to be what i need. So I will post my review When i worked with it!
Thanks so far!

Good luck. Yes, please let us now how you get on. I really should update my torches.

Probably not the same, there seem to be lots of copies and variations available now, some better than others. Often - although not always - you get what you pay for. However, I will rarely get to dive at night so cannot justify top notch gear (& I lost my first Omersub Moonlight at the sea :( ).

Mask Torch:
I also ordered a small LED mask torch as I have found that to be useful in the past - good for close-up things, loading/dispatching fish/dealing with crab bag/ etc. Although it occurs to me now that I still have 2 old halogen battery UK-brand (a USA company) mask lights tucked away in my dive box which I could use as well/instead. The strap on my current mask is quite soft, so I think the smaller LED light will work better with it.

Last edited:
BTW I noticed one of the Devon spearos uses an Xtar torch - possibly the XTarD02 or the Xtar D06 ? -and posted pictures of several nice catches. The impresive spec. for the DO2 says bulb but the description says LED & I believe that is what "CREE" indicates:

This torch & the one I ordered (prev. post) both have magnetic switches - some divers prefer that over rotary. I've used both & the rotary switches on the Underwater Kinetics torches have worked fine for me in the past but you obviously need to be careful that you don't open them up accidentally but in practice that's easy. The 12V USB car adapter might be handy when travelling. The 200m rating is much higher than most cheapies.

Last edited:

I finaly got it. And I made a small Video comparing my old nova200 weich i used for years to the sporasub eyelight.
I also owned the arc250 wehre i didn' t feel any difference. This torch is really bright.
Greetz!!!

I finaly got it. And I made a small Video comparing my old nova200 weich i used for years to the sporasub eyelight.
I also owned the arc250 wehre i didn' t feel any difference. This torch is really bright.
Greetz!!!

Hey man, thanks a lot for the review. So does it worth the money? Any issues you found after using it? I'm also thinking of buying it... The only thing that worries me is that is does not have adjustable focus. But maybe the focus that it has is just fine... Any final advice before buying it would be very much appreciated. Cheers!

BTW I tried my torch out yesterday. Works great, quite narrow beam, good for checking in caves and under boulders. Also comes with a spare set of O-rings (red). Supposed to be brighter in the water, where the water cools it but seems pretty bright in and out of water. I replaced the lanyard with a stronger homemade one before use ;)

Hey man, thanks a lot for the review. So does it worth the money? Any issues you found after using it? I'm also thinking of buying it... The only thing that worries me is that is does not have adjustable focus. But maybe the focus that it has is just fine... Any final advice before buying it would be very much appreciated. Cheers!
Hi! I´m Sar Gos... I just cant remember my olt Password :) and made a new Profil. I have not used it underwater now ( exept in a pool), because my spearfishingtrip is in june... can´t wait. It is a perfect size. The light is bright as hell. the Switch is gtreat for handling and you always know if it is on ( Switch infront is on, back is off ) . My old light was just to push and i always had to look if it is still burning. I do not want to look in this torch ;-)!!! Even in the bright pool you could see the Focus on the alluminiumwall 15 Meters away very bright. I bought a second battery for the torch, because on my trip i do a morning dive and a eveningdive, so i always have a good working battery. (costs about 13 Euro) That´s so far what I can say... hope to have helped you!
GreeZ!

Hi! I´m Sar Gos... I just cant remember my olt Password :) and made a new Profil. I have not used it underwater now ( exept in a pool), because my spearfishingtrip is in june... can´t wait. It is a perfect size. The light is bright as hell. the Switch is gtreat for handling and you always know if it is on ( Switch infront is on, back is off ) . My old light was just to push and i always had to look if it is still burning. I do not want to look in this torch ;-)!!! Even in the bright pool you could see the Focus on the alluminiumwall 15 Meters away very bright. I bought a second battery for the torch, because on my trip i do a morning dive and a eveningdive, so i always have a good working battery. (costs about 13 Euro) That´s so far what I can say... hope to have helped you!
GreeZ!
Thanks a lot, that was really helpful. I'll get that one then! Have a nice and safe spearfishing trip. I'll go in April for 10 days in Skopelos island (Greece) for a spearfishing trip so I'll let you know my first impression :) Again thanks!

Reactions: Bär Enkrebs
Thanks a lot, that was really helpful. I'll get that one then! Have a nice and safe spearfishing trip. I'll go in April for 10 days in Skopelos island (Greece) for a spearfishing trip so I'll let you know my first impression :) Again thanks!

Can you tell us some more about your experience with this light now that you have been using it for a while? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell us some more about your experience with this light now that you have been using it for a while? Thanks

Hi, actually i didn't buy that one and instead I bought the A-torch TC05 (see link) and I'm extremely satisfied with it!!!

http://www.atorch.net/primaryproduc...rid=1&menuid=434&categoryid=474&Actionid=1495

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT