• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub foot pockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

John A

Sep 15, 2004
Have another question on the H. Dessaults, this time foot pocket size, those of you that have used/are using the foot pockets, what is your foot size and what pocket size are you using and your opinion on the size? I have a wide 9 to 9.5 US foot, so am wondering if I should go 7-9 (40/42) or 9-11 (42/44). I currently use the old old Dacor H. Dessaults with the 7-9 foot pocket and a 1 mm sock, but figure Sporasub has since changed them. I did do a search, but found some conflicting info out there.

I wear an 11 - fairly wide and have the 44-46 sporas. Theres a little 'room to grow' with a 3 mil sock but they are fine - 5 mil would be perfect.

Like Fondoo I use the 44-46 fit SSHD's and have a UK size 10.5 (euro 45 size) foot. I find that I can wear either a 3.5mm or a 5mm sock. My feet are w i d e too.

Ed

John,

I wear a size 8 USA men’s shoe and I wear Sporasub 38-40 pockets. I wear these with a thin (2 mm max) sock and they fit perfect. I would recommend you get the 40-42s but that's just what I would do. I have a friend who wears a size 11 USA men's shoe and just purchased the 44-46 Sporasub pockets and had to get rid of them because they were too big. He has a pair of size 42-44 on the way now. Keep in mind though, that we live in S. FL so even in the dead of winter a 3 mm sock/bootie is the most we ever have to wear with our fins.

Scott

I've wear a 10.5-11 D shoe and the spora 42-44s are fine, but very slightly tight on me barefoot.

ive just got my first subs (first fins altogether) i use 9.5 us and the footpocket is a 40-42.

they sit really well on my foot, but the toes stick out and are just above the to holes..

as these are my first fins i have no idea if thats how they are supposed to fit or if i should get a bigger size

any thoughts?

again i have no digicam..

Haven't tried sporasubs, but if you can put your foot in with a neopren sock (the one you'll use for diving), and you didn't have to fight for 10 minutes to get it inside, then you don't need a larger size. It sounds like it'll be too loose.
Don't know about the toe thingy though... maybe you should cut it off?

I know only this: With my Sporasub HDs from Scubastore (size 44-46 for usa size 11/UK size 10.5) I am at least one step closer to global conquest. Muhahahahahahaahaha

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…