• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub foot pockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

John A

Sep 15, 2004
Have another question on the H. Dessaults, this time foot pocket size, those of you that have used/are using the foot pockets, what is your foot size and what pocket size are you using and your opinion on the size? I have a wide 9 to 9.5 US foot, so am wondering if I should go 7-9 (40/42) or 9-11 (42/44). I currently use the old old Dacor H. Dessaults with the 7-9 foot pocket and a 1 mm sock, but figure Sporasub has since changed them. I did do a search, but found some conflicting info out there.

I wear an 11 - fairly wide and have the 44-46 sporas. Theres a little 'room to grow' with a 3 mil sock but they are fine - 5 mil would be perfect.

Like Fondoo I use the 44-46 fit SSHD's and have a UK size 10.5 (euro 45 size) foot. I find that I can wear either a 3.5mm or a 5mm sock. My feet are w i d e too.

Ed

John,

I wear a size 8 USA men’s shoe and I wear Sporasub 38-40 pockets. I wear these with a thin (2 mm max) sock and they fit perfect. I would recommend you get the 40-42s but that's just what I would do. I have a friend who wears a size 11 USA men's shoe and just purchased the 44-46 Sporasub pockets and had to get rid of them because they were too big. He has a pair of size 42-44 on the way now. Keep in mind though, that we live in S. FL so even in the dead of winter a 3 mm sock/bootie is the most we ever have to wear with our fins.

Scott

I've wear a 10.5-11 D shoe and the spora 42-44s are fine, but very slightly tight on me barefoot.

ive just got my first subs (first fins altogether) i use 9.5 us and the footpocket is a 40-42.

they sit really well on my foot, but the toes stick out and are just above the to holes..

as these are my first fins i have no idea if thats how they are supposed to fit or if i should get a bigger size

any thoughts?

again i have no digicam..

Haven't tried sporasubs, but if you can put your foot in with a neopren sock (the one you'll use for diving), and you didn't have to fight for 10 minutes to get it inside, then you don't need a larger size. It sounds like it'll be too loose.
Don't know about the toe thingy though... maybe you should cut it off? ;)

I know only this: With my Sporasub HDs from Scubastore (size 44-46 for usa size 11/UK size 10.5) I am at least one step closer to global conquest. Muhahahahahahaahaha

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT