• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SporaSub Footpockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
OK - Dilemma...

I fit an Omer 43-45 with a 3mm sock perfect. I want to get Waterway Blades and putting an order in with Deeperblue again, so going with Sporasub footpockets. they come in 42-44, 44-46, 46-48.

my question...

I have no way to size compare, so if anyone has access to these pockets and can tell me which one is most like the Omer 43-45 it would be much appreciated.

and yes I have emailed DiveInn, still waiting for a response.....

Will

Last edited:
Waterway blades fit into the Omer footpockets just fine
cheers
dave

Where's Anderson? I'm pretty sure he has used both of em.

As for me... I have a size 7-7.5 U.S. foot and use 40-42 size sporasub footpockets. I can squeeze into em with a 5mm sock, but a 3mm fits best.

Jon uses 42-44 pockets.....but I don't study his feet so I can't tell you much more than that :confused:. He'll show up soon enough.

Ted

Footpockets

44-46 is the way to go. I have been using this size Sporasub footpockets with 3 mm socks for at least 15 years and LOVE them (now they have Carbons on). It's better to oversize a tad than to get a smaller pocket. You can always increase the thickness of your sock (to a 5mm).

Angelos

ok, here's my question

How sturdy are the Sporasub footpockets? I have a pair of H Dessault fins, and it's usually a bit of a struggle to put them on. Will they probably rip eventually, or do they hold up pretty well?

Bat,

I yank on mine pretty hard when I force my 5mm bootie into em and they've held up just fine. I struggled putting them on until I discovered a way that worked for me. First, push your foot all the way into the toe area. The back of the pocket will fold under the bottom/heal of your foot.....no problem. Then pull your sock up as tight as you can (this will prevent the heal of the sock from bunching up on you - making it even thicker). Then insert your two index fingers into the heal of the foot pocket and firmly pull back and out - and finally up around your heal. I've also tried spraying a little conditioner/water mixture onto my sock, but this failed miserably because it prevented me from getting a good grip with my index fingers on the inside of the footpocket.

Hope this helps ya...if not, good luck finding your own method.

Ted

Reactions: BatRay
Thanks guys - I'm leaning toward the 44-46.

Batray - have you tried KY? :blackeye no, no, no, for the foot pockets! It makes your booties slide in really easy ands then disolves ultra fast in the water so you don't side out.

Willer:D

I have a size 43 foot (91/2 US).

I use size 42-44 foot pockets with a 3mm OMER sock underneath them.
I have a similar size pair of Spetton foot pockets that I can put a 6mm OMER sock into. Different companies, same size foot pocket- go figure?:confused:

I have never tried OMER foot pockets and have no idea how they compare.

I never tried KY on my fins, but I have used water based silicone spray to squeeze into my monofin before.

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT