• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub radical fins ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

apnea newbie

May 26, 2001
Hi there all !

As my user name recalls im a apnéa newbie, who has been freediving for like 1 month back. As i am training like 4-6 times a week im beginning to get an urge for newer fins. Now i use a Mares Clipper fin, though its so old and beginning to get soft.

I found a great diving store on the internet that sells a long blade fin called Sporasub Radical to a reasonable price.

So my question to you is, anyone know if the Sporasub Radical is a good Fin ? And is it good for a newbie ? i consider my legkick to be quite powerful...

Thx in advance /apnea newbie

More questions

If u do have another suggestoin for a fin, plz let me know and plz give me a URL where i can find some info bout them.

Thx again

New bie Fins

I have never seen the Sporasub fins, I think they are rare over here in North America, but I've seen pictures of Tanya Streeter wearing them, and she is a world champion. I like Cressi Sub and OMER fins; some of my friends swear by Picasso, which I have never tried. Go to www.freediver.co.uk and look in their shop.....they sell Cressi and OMER Carbon fins. I have ordered stuff from there(UK) all the way to Canada with good service. Cheers, Erik :)

sporasub radical

Well I have Sporasub HDessault radical fins and they are good, I also have almost full carbon fins and I think the HDessault radicals work better. they really increased my depth and bottom time.. I have had cressi subs fins before they are ok too, but I wouldnt change back from sporasub.
and if you havent bought your fins yet I would suggest you don't buy the fullcarbon fins, because they brake fairly easy compared to the blades which have some glassfibre or plastic.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT