• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub Spitfire Lady

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mina

May 11, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Now I'm finally thinking about buying freediving fins (along with all the other essential equipment). I'm not sure which one will likely be the best fit for me (female, shoesize 38 european) and is of decent quality.

There are no diving shops in my area where I could go and try them on, so I will order them online, and just sent them back if they dont fit, but of course I won't need to order 10 pairs until I find a fit.

Anyways, I've been looking at the
- Sporasub Spitfire Lady size 37/39 (Euro)
as well as
- Cressi Gera Modular size 38/39 (Euro)

Does anyone has any expierience with them? Especially the Sporasub Spitfire Lady - I haven't found a single review on these but I'd guess they'd be the same quality as bigger models of Sporasub Spitfire?
I've read the Cressi Gera Modular are quite big for their indicated size, so I'm unsure whether a 38/39 is still too big.

I live in Thailand, so warm weather/ocean etc. Would be nice if I didn't have fins that are too big, so I don't need to wear big socks etc.

Any input is appreciated!

Mina

If you are a true 38 female, then definitely DON'T go for the gara modular 38/39, it is equivalent to a male 40/41 bare feet, I know coz I have a pair.

Dnt waste time with the Garas, as there are better fins. Go to makospearfishing.com and look at the options they have for ladies. Get yourself a pair of plastics or carbons. Plastics will get you started, but the minuet you put on a pair of fiberglass or carbons, you'll never touch the plastic fins again.

Reactions: Azlan
Hi Mina, we're only just starting freediving but I can give you a little feedback on the Spitfires because I just got a pair for my lady/buddy after trying various other fins that were all miles too big.

She got them wet yesterday for the first time.
After a few hours she wasn't complaining of any leg cramps. From the look of it they look easy to fin on the surface and fast underwater, nice curves :D Lookin' good in the water, but she did say they felt a little too tight with the booties she had on towards the end of the session swimming/diving I reckon about 700-1000m.

She takes a 37/38 shoe and the fins are 37/39. They are just a little too loose on her bare feet and just a little too tight with her 3mm booties with a thick non-slip rubber sole, so we're off to the shops today to try a pair of smaller socks/booties either normal 3mm without the rubber sole or 2mm.

The fins look the right size for her, about as long as her leg which is the same as my Gara pros for me.

Other fins we tried were Cressi/Omer 39/40/41 all miles too big and the smallest Imersion E-greens, again well loose.

The Spitfire looks very well made and is light and flexy, again I'd say about the same as the quality and flex of the Cressi Gara pro LD.
We got these for €70 at our local spearo shop.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Jo

Edit: with a normal 2.5 mm sock (no tank track sole) in the water last night she said the fins fit perfect and is really enjoying them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sporasub Spitfire foot pockets fit very similar to the Omer Stingray foot pockets. There's not much to say about the plastic blades, they're all pretty much the same. If your intention is at some point to replace the plastic and upgrade to fiberglass or carbon blades using the same foot pockets, be aware that the Sporasub Spitfire foot pockets are difficult to install blades into. The channels of the foot pocket tendons refuse to open to accept the blade rails.

The Cressi Gara modular are by far the better designed foot pockets, and allow easy installation of blades if you ever choose to upgrade. If you provide your foot dimensions measured in this way, and what thickness socks you use if any, I can tell you exactly which size will fit you. Put a ruler against the wall and stand on it with your heel against the wall, measure where the furthest toe ends. In a similar way, measure the width of your foot at the widest part.

I have to correct my previous post. At the time I wasn't aware that the Sporasub Spitfire Lady foot pockets are a special size for women, I assumed that they're just the smallest size of the standard Sporasub Spitfire foot pockets. I can now say they fit very well for a number of ladies that I've seen try them. Installing carbon or fiberglass blades in the Sporasub Lady foot pockets is still somewhat of a battle, but well worth it considering the fit and performance.

Last edited:
@Speardiver1 - why are you updating a thread that is over 18 months old and specifically to update it with a link to you own shop. It smacks of spam advertising posts and if you persist we will start issuing warnings as it is against the forum rules. Please respect the forum rules.

To answer your question Stephan, I'm obviously correcting wrong information posted by me. I would've simply deleted my old post but that option is not available.

Other than that you have my permission to delete my two posts in this thread, and also to skip starting issuing warnings and go f@ck yourself immediately.

Excellent professional way of executing yourself on a competitor forum @Speardiver1 - you've collected a couple of warning points for inappropriate behavior and language.

Glad to see you handle this is a profession manner Stephan, banning someone from a web site because they choose to act like a fool is a very cowardly way to handle problematic people.

I can say with 200% certainty that you would not have been given the same respect if you attempted to do this on another website. However, I know you are not that kind of person and would never need to go so low to even consider doing something like that. Glad to see there are still people out there like you Mr Whelan. Rock on brother

Subscribed to this shit show....

Seriously dork? You don't have the testicles to just ban me, or perhaps you think this makes me look bad? Don't think I'm not aware you had already put restrictions on my account, making the forum load slower etc. Keep on sucking Mako's arse. See you at the next blue wild.

Seriously dork? You don't have the testicles to just ban me, or perhaps you think this makes me look bad? Don't think I'm not aware you had already put restrictions on my account, making the forum load slower etc. Keep on sucking Mako's arse. See you at the next blue wild.
Fabulous - you really know how to respect people don't you @Speardiver1.

I can promise you there are no restrictions. That comes after 3 warning points and you current have two. When you get to 4 you start getting banned for various periods of time.

Your actions are not serious enough to warrant an outright ban hence warning points as per our policy - it is up to you and your behaviour to judge how long you stay on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephan, you know what you can do with those points yes?

Tony, figures you'd jump on this thread since your ass was booted from speardiver. We have a simpler policy there don't we :)

Stephan, you know what you can do with those points yes?
We have rules for a reason. If you disagree and break them then you face consequences. You will not see me coming to your forum and causing trouble so I'd appreciate it if you'd respect our space here. If you feel you can't id prefer it if you stayed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bahahaha sticks and stones ya coward, i was booted from you lame site because you're a little chicken shit that cant handle anyone going against YOUR word. plain and simple. I never backed down for you, and NEVER will.

Thats the difference between scum like you and men me. I WILL say EVERYTHING that I type, directly to your face. You on the other hand, just block people like a coward and act like a tool bag online, nothing special about this, I actually know 9 year olds just like you, so its mildly amusing.

As we grow older we are supposed to grow wiser, you are still a narcissistic fool like you have always have been, chalked full of transference. Usually its women that do this the most, but I can understand, after all this is Dbag Dan were talking about here. I will only choose to acknowledge your measly existence simply because I pity you, and So do a lot of folks.

I have gotten over your lame ignorant existence LOOOONG before I clickd on that godforsaken site that you call yours, . . Go back to that forum where you pretend you are god and keep your trap shut, no one wants to hear it. When your own members watch how and what they say to you simply for fear of you banning them, it makes you wonder why they are even there. Go figure people take breaks from there regularly Keep peddling your knock off garbage and giving shit away for free so people can stand you and your useless rhetoric . Everyone elsewhere knows how you operate, and we constantly laugh at it....

Ill repeat everything I just posted directly to your face....say I wont...

XXOO

Last edited:
LOL and just when I was about to reconsider your email asking to be reinstated..
kwtony said:
Bahahaha sticks and stones ya coward, i was booted from you lame site because you're a little chicken shit that cant handle anyone going against YOUR word. plain and simple. I never backed down for you, and NEVER will.

Thats the difference between scum like you and men me. I WILL say EVERYTHING that I type, directly to your face. You on the other hand, just block people like a coward and act like a tool bag online, nothing special about this, I actually know 9 year olds just like you, so its mildly amusing.

As we grow older we are supposed to grow wiser, you are still a narcissistic fool like you have always have been, chalked full of transference. Usually its women that do this the most, but I can understand, after all this is Dbag Dan were talking about here. I will only choose to acknowledge your measly existence simply because I pity you, and So do a lot of folks.

I have gotten over your lame ignorant existence LOOOONG before I clickd on that godforsaken site that you call yours, . . Go back to that forum where you pretend you are god and keep your trap shut, no one wants to hear it. When your own members watch how and what they say to you simply for fear of you banning them, it makes you wonder why they are even there. Go figure people take breaks from there regularly Keep peddling your knock off garbage and giving shit away for free so people can stand you and your useless rhetoric . Everyone elsewhere knows how you operate, and we constantly laugh at it....

Ill repeat everything I just posted directly to your face....say I wont...

XXOO

Dan, I thought some of your original posts quite helpful. But having seen your recent responses, I can't imagine that anybody reading this thread is ever going to want to do business of any kind with you - certainly I wouldn't.

And both of you: grow up & show some respect.

Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will shit all over the board and strut around as if it has won...

kwtony said:
Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will shit all over the board and strut around as if it has won...
I agree. Doubt you can play chess though, checkers maybe..

Mr. X, I wasn't counting on your business, in any case your loss. As far as your assertion about what other people may or may not do, I see nothing in it but vengefulness. P.T. Barnum is quoted as saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity", and this isn't even bad publicity. If anything, my posts here have always been informative providing first hand knowledge about spearfishing gear, which is valuable considering all the misinformation being thrown around, and it's fair to expect one link in return. Isn't it peculiar how I make one such post and immediately get jumped on by the forum owner? One who would have himself appear magnanimous in subsequent posts, when in fact his actions are petty to begin with, or more likely have an ulterior motive.

Last edited:
Isn't it peculiar how I make one such post and immediately get jumped on by the forum owner? One who would have himself appear magnanimous in subsequent posts, when in fact his actions are petty to begin with, or more likely have an ulterior motive.
What drew my attention was updating a thread that had not been posted to for over 18 months with a blatant advertising link in. Funnily enough due to the amount of spam there is trying to be posted in the forums (something I am sure as a fellow forum owner) it is something we keep a check on. Your motive immediately appeared to be self-promotion and I pointed that out (without issuing any warnings or impediment on your account) - you response was very rude and very much in character for you (remember the diving world is a small one) which then prompted action. You weren't banned immediately as that is not our style - our forum rules work on giving warning points rather than outright bans.

You have been rude and aggressive to me, forum member and other staff. Let me be clear - you have your own forum so please stick to being rude and aggressive on your forum as that kind of attitude is not welcome in here.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT