• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sporasub spitfire

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

twfik

Oct 7, 2015
Hi im new member :)
I wana ask about spitfire plastic fin
Any one tried this fin?
Never found alot about them online
I am about to buy new fins for spearfishing what do u recommend for me
Got severla choices here
Cressi200,3000,pro
Mares razor
Sporasub spitfire

;)Thanks

I use sporasub mimetic spitfire and I like it very much. It gives me power when I train in 2mtr n 5mtr pools. I think it's medium stiffness. However it tires my legs when I use it for surface swimming, just be aware of this.
I tried my friend's beuchat plastic fins and let him try mine, we agreed that spitfire gave more power n speed. But if you want soft fins, spitfire isn't for you.
Hope it helps.
Sugi

Are you an experienced spear Fisherman? If not go for the softer fin, somebody mentioned beauchat, also mares razor are very good for beginners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not a spearo, I'm a fd newbie.
You may be right on getting softer fins, I will get beuchat fins for pool training eventhough I love the feeling of having power on my two legs :p I hope wearing softer fins will increase my performance. Thanks

Brother my advice is to save up your $$ and get some medium fiberglass fins. Night and day from plastic.
Cheers!

No carbon medium-stiffness fins?
I mostly train at a pool.. n I'm able to do dynamic 50mtr n plan to improve it to 100mtr.. besides techniques, maybe I need to change my fins (spitfire camo). I'm not sure if carbon fins will make any different in dynamic.

IMO carbon is seriously overpriced and fragile compared to fiberglass. The difference in performance is negligible; I don't think many could tell the difference in a blind test.
But, the best is the best, no doubt. If you got the bucks, then go for it. But be careful with them!

Reactions: Mr. X
In 20-30mtr depth, do you think the carbon fins won't make any difference in performance?

Not that I ever noticed. It might, it's just is it worth twice the cash?
BTW I dive in 7-10mm with 16+ lbs weight to 20/30 metres, with a gun.

My main point is that if someone is looking at a 100$ plastic entry level fin, then better to double the money for a world-class fiber fin. Someone looking at spending 100$ probably won't spend 500$ on a carbon and being a newbie, won't benefit much, if at all.
Start pushing 50 meters then sure, go for it. But I've done lots of diving that deep with fiberglass.
The difference between plastic and fiberglass is huge! Fiber to carbon, not nearly.

I have all sorts of fins and swear by the fiberglass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dive2soul and Sugi
Woww u must have stayed in indo for quite some time.. impressive.. let me know when u have a chance to pay Indo a visit, we should meet...

Reactions: Erik
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT