• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub VS. Omer footpockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Both are good, the best for you depends on your feet and what kind of boots you wear, can't really make a reccommendation.

In my case, on the same question, the advice was go with sporasub, more comfortable than omer for many people, especially for going barefoot. It worked for me, the sporas are almost as comfortable as my old cressis.

Use your search function or just go back through the threads in freediving equipment and spearing equipment. Lots of info.

Good luck

Connor

I'de say the difference between Sporasub and Omer are small, since they used the same technology, or that one copied the other I'm not sure which.
Sporasub are softer by reputation.
I think that either one you take, if it fits in size, you'll be satisfied, so maybe you should consider it by cost/delivery.

The first few days/week with the Omer footpockets were quite painfull for me, but after a couple of uses, I never looked back.
I have a bit of an unusual foot shape - flat feet and a high bridge on the top of the foot, there are some shoes no one in my family can wear because of this genetic property, yet the Omer footpocket took shape well enoguh.
I advice you to take them in a size that will fit you with a neopren sock - thickness depends on the water temp wherever you are, I think it's much more comfertable than bare foot. I have no problem diving in 30c+ waters with a sock on.
Best advice is to try them before buying. :)

Thanks Michael

I will check them out.

Another question for you, or anyone else reading this thread. How much do you "add" to the size of the footpocket if you were to wear neoprene socks (3mm?) ?

Thanks again for the advice and Shalom.

Shalom. :)

I have no clue how much to add/if to add, I was able to measure the fin with socks before buying it.

*Incase I wasn't clear. I think Omer and Sporasub footpockets would do the same job.*

Reactions: Lambis
For me it was one foot pocket size larger when wearing a 3mm sock with Omers. I think the Sporasub are the same. I wear a 9 ½ US shoe and wear a 42-44 Omer with a 3mm.

I recently acquired Cressi Metallite 3mm socks that are smooth coated on the inside. I have found that they take up a little less room in the pockets than 3mm nylon on both sides. I am going to try the Cressi Metallite 5mm soon, because I like a little tighter pocket.

Like Michael suggested, I would not recommend wearing the Omers without socks. I did about 10 trips with the 40-42 without socks and my feet were bloody every time. I kept thinking eventually my feet would get tougher and the pockets would loosen, but it never happened.

People say the Sporasub are better for narrow feet, which mine are, so if I ever need new pockets I will try them. But for now the Omers are good enough. :)
don

Spora Again Omerfootpockets.
My wife have Soprasub footpockets with the Bifins Nr 38-40
She think that they are exelent. Now she whant to order a Monofin and there they use only Omer footpockets.
Becauce my wife have 38-40 size but a high bridge on the top of the foot we think that maybe Omer are to stiff.
Are omer o.k. for a high bridge foot?

High bridge=the top of your foot being more elevated than normal foot?

If so, then I have it also, and my Omer footpockets are very comfertable. Painfull in the first few times, but after a week of use or so they got a better fit and never hurt since.

Yes Michael

The top of your foot of my wife is more elevated than a normal foot. Thanks for the Info . That is exaclty what i need to know!!

Thanks

To summarize ...

Would it be fair to say that;

Omer footpockets in general are stiffer then sporasub, hence a "perfect" fit is more important. Yet at the same time stiffer footpockets transfer the kick energy a little bit more efficently. Also it is recommended to wear neoprene socks with omer footpockets.

Am I correct so far ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT