• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

squeeze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bruno

Sep 15, 2001
I have a sporasub SQUADRA PRO 5,5 suit and it fits very well.
Only 1 problem occurs : after a couple of dives i get squeeze "between the legs".
I guess that after those dives the air, trapped when putting it on, escapes and this gives me that uncomfortable feeling.

someone has got the same problem?
what's the solution?
could a little whole help?

tnx
bruno

i had the same problem when i took my omer suit out on its first scuba dive (i know i know, but how else am i gonna see the wreck at 70 feet>?)

anyway, once on the bottom, i felt a terrible "squeeze" on my chest, after a bit of pulling and pushing i (finally) got water on the area and the suit didnt squeeze anymore, happened on the next dive to, it doesnt seem to be a problem when i freedive though because i more around more :D

good luck,

Originally posted by bruno
I have a sporasub SQUADRA PRO 5,5 suit and it fits very well.
Only 1 problem occurs : after a couple of dives i get squeeze "between the legs".
I guess that after those dives the air, trapped when putting it on, escapes and this gives me that uncomfortable feeling.

someone has got the same problem?
what's the solution?
could a little whole help?

tnx
bruno
Bruno... I share your problem... I have Escalpez 5,5mm two piece suit....but I would recomend to try when you put your suit on, to leave little extra, where it squeeze...
That worked for me.:crutch

Watch that suit...

I did comprehensive spirometer tests with suit on and suit off. Whilst my suit felt snug but still comfortable the difference between max inhale suit on and suit off was 1 L.

What prompted me to do the tests was a remarkable ability to get an extra 5 packs in with my suit on.
The only logical conclusion was that the suit was restricting my max inhale before packing. 1L is a lot of air. So watch those tight suits.

As for the crotch squeeze, lift and tuck and centre dress your snorkel..:)

Skindiver.

i already experienced the max inhale problem

in competition i put some poolwater in the suit and this gives me alot more comfort to inhale

in open water (water is now 7°C must be around40-45°F i guess)
in don't do this (you see why??)
but as you say packing is a solution

putting some warm water in the suit before the dive (thermos)
could this be a solution???

tanks for the replies
bruno

Bruno,

Using the cold water will shrink all three of your problems. Warm water will just expand the problems. :D

Maybe you need a custom pouch for the old marble sack??

hey octo

My wife proposed to drive me to the vet, together with my dog
and cut some little things;
would calm us down a litlle, she said.

does it???
someone experience with this???
bruno

yeah, My tubes are tied. Not calmer though. And it does not shrink anything unless the wrong tube gets...uuuhhh...trimmed.

And it will not help your squeeze problem, it may increase your sensitivity to the small workspace.

Seroiusly, get the suit altered, we are tired of hearing you offhandedly brag of your size;)

ahhh, there goes Aaron and his "little guy" complex...:t

Seriously though, (Groucho Marx smily face icon...), if all you're using to put the suit on is water, then yes, you'll invite the suit to contract and develop pressure spots. Go with some suit lube, 1 part unscented hair conditioner to 5 parts water and slide those bad boys right in. The lube will do what oil in your car engine does, reduce friction and keep things from pressing too tight against other surfaces by ressiting the compression.

...and no one is happier that Aaron is fixed than me.:girlie

sven

Sven,

Small is good when it comes to tight wetsuits.
You are not "Late" are you? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Many are the times that reading these posts is more entertaining than the comics could ever be! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey - check that out.... that was my 100th post!!! That probably makes this 101.

Fred

Originally posted by fjohnson
Hey - check that out.... that was my 100th post!!! That probably makes this 101.

Fred

Now you have to go into your CP and change the "D B Zealot" to something personal....like "Centurion" or something :)
Erik Y.

Originally posted by fjohnson
Many are the times that reading these posts is more entertaining than the comics could ever be!

What'd I miss? Did Cliff say somthing funny again?

Congrats Fred! I don't know that DB Centurion works. How about DB Trojan? :hmm

sven

these threads kinda stray slowly off topic....:crutch to something...else..
But I agree these posts are funny.. talking about funny has any of you guys from US heard of Bill Engvall?? English people don't know him, but I love his jokes.. (he is a stand up comedian)
Well Good diving or office work if you do such thing..??

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT