• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Start course in 4 weeks

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Thomas81

Aug 26, 2003
Hi all,

First of all my compliments for this site, realy great way to meet people with the same passion ( in belgium there are not may people that practice this sport) Cause I start a course freediving in 4 weeks I would like to have some advice on what is the best way to prepare myself for the trainings...

Are there also some books that you guys can advise me on breathing techniques ? or yogha techniques ??

Thx in advance for your help

Welcome Thomas 81!
I'm a rank beginner :eek:...but from the advice of efattah and others, any yoga practice is helpful.
Please let us know about the Course when you finish, or as are able! What a great way to get some experience :)
Above all, be safe and have fun! Welcome to DeeperBlue!

"It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it." Arthur Conan Doyle

Reactions: Longfins
here's a good easy beginner one..
practise breathing from your belly

Lie on your back and put your hands really low down your tummy. Concentrate on breathing in really slowly and actually visualise the air moving all the way down to where your hands are. As you breath out, again nice and slow, imagine the breath starting where your hands are. Your abdomen should rise and fall. Keep your shoulders and chest relaxed.

If you have someone you are close enough to in your life.. you can get them to stand behind you and put their arms around your belly.. you should be able to make their hands rise and fall without actually just sticking your stomach out!

and no it doesn't look vey flattering but hey who cares

if you breath right you will hold your breath right..
just an idea to get you started, have fun

sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT