• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

static table training...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

squip

Mar 26, 2002
I'm thinking of doing some table training to get my static times up.

As your not suppose to do more than one table a day, and their is two tables(A & B)i was wondering what you guy recommend.

i.e.
table A one day, table B the next and so one?
table A one week, table B next week....?

Just did a maximum dry static, 4:20 with contraction @ 3:00, so then I'm suppose to do table A with 3:00 holds?

How fast did you guys who tried these tables see results if any??

THanks

We tend to alternate tables every day, running through both sets twice a week. I saw results virtually immediately and continue to improve on an almost weekly basis. Although I've got to admit I didn't start with a 4min. max...

As for the time for starting each table I found the correct time just be working up to it. ie. I picked a start time and increased it every workout until I found my max for that table. Not very scientific but seems to get the job done.

Where can I find static tables?

I'd also like to do some training with static tables to see if they affect my results. Are static tables available for download on the internet?
I tried a search on DB but couldn't find anything useful.

A previous thread in freediving training & Techniques sited the location where you can download the tables.

Search for:

Downloadable Static Tables @ Freediver.co.uk

in Freediving Training & Techniques

Hope that helps!

Thanks JMD!

Turns out I was using the wrong search... the one on the main page, which only kept coming up with old articles instead of forum threads :duh

I've actually tried the computer version before but couldn't get it to work properly. But I didn't notice before that they also have a printable version for download. I'll try that as soon as I can :D

Tried table A for the first time today...

Didn't want to push it the first time so I followed the example in the .jpeg article @ www.freediver.co.uk

2 minute holds with 3 min rest decreasing with 15 secs....

Found the first hold the most difficult, then getting easier and easier as the diving reflex kicked in.
The last hold(after 1:15 rest) felt so comfortable that i went on to 4:00...

I guess I can increase the hold periods, but i find the first hold pretty hard

Anyone with simular experience?

One thing I thought of just today...

Before you do your static table are you suppose to warm up first to trigger the diving reflex or is the first hold in the table "the first hold", if you know what i mean.

Went scubadiving this weekend, not any ultimate freediving conditions. Visibility like 4-5m and 6,5 degrees @ 20m. Its also getting dark really fast...

Yes, you are supposed to do a warm up before.
What usally worked for me is two warmup holds.
the first till first urge to breath, or first unconvinient feeling (real easy hold).
the second is till first contraction.
after that the first hold in the table stops being the hardest.:)

good luck.

There are many threads related to the warm-up´s before an static training... For me, I seek the patterns given by Aharon and MT Solomons on the article near the tables on the UK website.

5 minutes of relaxed breathing, followed by 5 minutes of breathing in this pattern: 5-1-5-1 (five seconds inhaling, 1 apnea, 5 exhaling, 1 apnea)

Then begin with the tables...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT