• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static training tables

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Donna

Supporter
Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Hi everyone...

Some advice please :confused:

I've just started working on my statics, because at the moment, they're pants and I don't like doing them that much!! Far too easy to stand up when it starts to feel a little uncomfortable! And as I newish to freediving as well, I'm not entirely sure how much dry stuff I should be doing.

I've downloaded the training tables from the freediver website and sucessfully did tables a and b yesterday, once I'd adjusted the times etc, quite comfortably. My question is how often should I do them to obtain beneficial results? And what about other training? Should I be doing anything else?

I'm going to Cyprus in June and will be entering the UK champs in May and I'd really like to be able to do the best that I can and be happy with my acheivements so any help that anyone can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Donna :D

Hi Donna
I try and do them wet at least once a week, and when I am more organised, maybe once or twice dry as well.

For me, the best way seems to be to do lots of the hypercapnic table (where you do the same hold, about half your max) with less and less recovery time and then only try the hypoxic/PB table every month or so. If I keep trying for better times it just gets depressing not to achieve them, and building up the hypercapnic table really helps when you go back and try a max.

I also try and do statics in the gym on the cardio machines but will tell you about that next time I see you as its kind of complicated..

Sam

hey,

I personally do the 'hypoxic' table once or twice a week with a pb attempt once every week because i think you need to keep training at higher times so you are used to them. I think it also teaches you more control that you cant learn in the 'hypercapnic table' and you can monitor progression easier. (although i do have the advantage of being a complete beginner)

I've also been trying some variations of the 'hypercapnic table' because i got bored of doing the same one 3x a week. So far i've tried:

2:30 hold - 2min rec. - 2:30 hold - 1min rec. - 2:30 hold - 30s rec. - 2:30 hold - 5min repeat.
And another that i call depletion holds
i.e. 3min hold - exhale, inhale - 2min hold - exhale, inhale - max hold. 3min repeat twice.

Just some ideas,

Alan.

Thanks guys...

Sam I'll have a chat to you about the cardio stuff at NDC if thats ok..

Alan - I like you are pretty much a complete beginner. I've only really done CW so have the opportunity to progress quite quickly in the beginning I guess. Your examples are interesting, I'll set some of my own and see how I go. I'm impresed you can do a 3 min hold as a complete beginner - still, maybe I'll surpise myself in the not too distant future!

Thanks again

Donna

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT