• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

StereoPro/Kelpies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Snorkel Bum

Absolut Escargot
Mar 26, 2004
Hello everybody, I am going to the deep blue today and I will be finally be able to test my fins in deep water. I will write a short review, more like a general view though since I wont be doing pure freediving. The complete review will be made when I do my freediving course in about 4 weeks time...
So look out for this post this evening/tomorrow morning!

I called them the StereoPro/Kelpie since the new stereopro is shaped different, my stereopro is shaped like a kelpie and has camouflage and also Jyri put a Kelpie sticker on the back! So yeah! A ce soir!

Sorry guys, I have been really busy, went to a party on a friends yacht so I have not been able to do the review yet. I'll try put it up tonight!

Hullo everyone,
Its about time I write this review... I have been putting off way too long already. I have been amazingly busy this summer holidays.

Well, to start off I ordered these fins about 6 weeks ago, I asked Jyri billions of questions which he instantly replied. He also help me make up my mind over which fin to choose from the mind-boggling amount they make. I even asked Jyri to make a photo of my fins before they were sent of, I got the photo the day after my fins were made! After about a week and a half I recieved my fins, in a free camo bag (really nice btw!!!). One footpocket was already installed and I had to install the second one, It was nice and easy to do since I had a model to look at. I immediatly jumped in my pool and tried them out... I was not impressed. It felt like my Volo races just a bit stiffer. I started to worry a bit because of the insane amount of money i put into them, but after a while I could start to feel the snap of the blades when I changed my kicking style. I felt relieved and was quite impressed with them after all. The only problem with my pool was that it was too short (15m) once I started to get the snap coming in my head was about 1 meter from the other end. What a shame.
After about 2 weeks I finally had a chance to go out to the islands nearby and try my fins out in deeper water. It seemed as if I lost the touch of the blade and couldnt get it to snap, maybe it was because I was extremely excited and practically flopping arouind like a fish! The main thing I was impressed with this fin was its responce from the bottom, I would kick once and I would fly out of the water, the water reached at least 15cm under my weight belt area... I had no idea how fast I was going but when my friends refered me to a polaris missle blowing out of the water from a nuclear submarine, I got the main idea... Going down was a bit laggy at the beginning but after about 5 meters it was all smooth and I would cruise all the way to the bottom in comfort.
Anyway near the end I got the snap back and I was cruising through the water at alarming rates and I had lots of trouble stopping to wait for my friends, I was having way too much fun.

Anyway I am having a spearin trip tomorrow (first time with my new fins) and I will tell you how they are for spearing...

Also from the 6-8th of August I will be freediving with Pierre Frolla so I will be able to write a better review for my fins and as well I will be able to review my brand new Merou Race Hunter wetsuit!
http://www.merou.fr/Race_Hunter_Fiche_Produit.html

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…