• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

StereoPro/Kelpies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Snorkel Bum

Absolut Escargot
Mar 26, 2004
Hello everybody, I am going to the deep blue today and I will be finally be able to test my fins in deep water. I will write a short review, more like a general view though since I wont be doing pure freediving. The complete review will be made when I do my freediving course in about 4 weeks time...
So look out for this post this evening/tomorrow morning!

I called them the StereoPro/Kelpie since the new stereopro is shaped different, my stereopro is shaped like a kelpie and has camouflage and also Jyri put a Kelpie sticker on the back! So yeah! A ce soir!

Sorry guys, I have been really busy, went to a party on a friends yacht so I have not been able to do the review yet. I'll try put it up tonight! :D

Hullo everyone,
Its about time I write this review... I have been putting off way too long already. I have been amazingly busy this summer holidays.

Well, to start off I ordered these fins about 6 weeks ago, I asked Jyri billions of questions which he instantly replied. He also help me make up my mind over which fin to choose from the mind-boggling amount they make. I even asked Jyri to make a photo of my fins before they were sent of, I got the photo the day after my fins were made! After about a week and a half I recieved my fins, in a free camo bag (really nice btw!!!). One footpocket was already installed and I had to install the second one, It was nice and easy to do since I had a model to look at. I immediatly jumped in my pool and tried them out... I was not impressed. It felt like my Volo races just a bit stiffer. I started to worry a bit because of the insane amount of money i put into them, but after a while I could start to feel the snap of the blades when I changed my kicking style. I felt relieved and was quite impressed with them after all. The only problem with my pool was that it was too short (15m) once I started to get the snap coming in my head was about 1 meter from the other end. What a shame.
After about 2 weeks I finally had a chance to go out to the islands nearby and try my fins out in deeper water. It seemed as if I lost the touch of the blade and couldnt get it to snap, maybe it was because I was extremely excited and practically flopping arouind like a fish! The main thing I was impressed with this fin was its responce from the bottom, I would kick once and I would fly out of the water, the water reached at least 15cm under my weight belt area... I had no idea how fast I was going but when my friends refered me to a polaris missle blowing out of the water from a nuclear submarine, I got the main idea... Going down was a bit laggy at the beginning but after about 5 meters it was all smooth and I would cruise all the way to the bottom in comfort.
Anyway near the end I got the snap back and I was cruising through the water at alarming rates and I had lots of trouble stopping to wait for my friends, I was having way too much fun.

Anyway I am having a spearin trip tomorrow (first time with my new fins) and I will tell you how they are for spearing...

Also from the 6-8th of August I will be freediving with Pierre Frolla so I will be able to write a better review for my fins and as well I will be able to review my brand new Merou Race Hunter wetsuit!
http://www.merou.fr/Race_Hunter_Fiche_Produit.html

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT