• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Stinger malfunction?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Okke

Oct 23, 2001
Hi all,

Yesterday i became a proud owner of the Suunto Stinger!:p
When i make the backlight go on, and pushing my ear to the display i hear a very high tone??!! Is this a malfunction of the watch or is it something normal? If there is anybody out there with this watch can you please try it and let me know :).

If this is not normal i will have to return the watch and wait another two weeks or so :waterwork.

Just wondering if it's a malfunction....

Thanks in advance

:kingkke

not a malfunction

Hi.
I myself am a proud mosquito owner and after reading your post i had to try whether mine would do the same thing, and it did. The tone is very high pitched and i cant hear it unless i have the mosquito very close to my ear.
I wouldnt say that its a malfunction it must just be the lamp.
:p
If anyone else has differing opinion i should have mine checked too.
Tuomo

Reactions: Pekka
HEHE rofl

Go to edit options in your personal profile settings and choose change avatar :D

Here you can choose one or create one yourself...

Good luck!

:hmmkke

Yep, me too...

Yeah, just checked my Mosquito, and it makes a high pitched noise when the light's on too.

I think it's in the lighting technology; I have a Handspring PDA (Palm pilot), and when I turn on the backlight, I get the same noise.

Enjoy your stinger!!

Terry

The stinger I had before the current one, did the same.
It also got rusty after 1 hour in the Indian Ocean

I checked the replacement watch just now, it makes the same sound.

By the way Okke, where do you freedive in the Netherlands?
I like to be at the bottom of Maarsseveen in the summer time

Last edited:
When I upgraded my Spyder to a Stinger I took it into the pool to try it out first- during underwater hockey. I was shocked when it flooded on me in three feet of water!
I sent it back and had them try it again. I have not had any trouble since then.
Jon

In the cold & fresh waters of the Netherlands I didn't have any problems with my stinger. :)

Only the warm & salty ocean in Kenia was something the casing of the watch didn't like. Service was great, I got a new watch from the dealer.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT