• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Stock dimensions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dend76

Feb 18, 2005
I am living in a caribbean country where it is nearly impossible to get a quality gun, or any gun for that matter. I am planning on building my own, but need a little help. Can someone give me the dimensions of the stock of their gun (preferably riffe, wong, alexander). Length, width, and height at both ends would be preferable if the stock is tapered.

my new 162 gun

I am living in a caribbean country where it is nearly impossible to get a quality gun, or any gun for that matter. I am planning on building my own, but need a little help. Can someone give me the dimensions of the stock of their gun (preferably riffe, wong, alexander). Length, width, and height at both ends would be preferable if the stock is tapered.

OK, here are the dimensions of a couple of Wong guns. I'm guessing that you plan to make a an all-wood gun rather than a hybrid, so I'll give dimensions for that kind of gun.

In the photo, the gun on the far right is a Wong Mahi. It is 56 3/8 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide for its entire length, and 2 1/2 inches tall at the butt and tapering to 1 3/4 inches tall at the point where the wood inserts into the Alexander aluminum muzzle.

Second for the right is the Wong Ono gun. It is about 60 inches long, 1 7/16 wide for the entire length, 3 inches high at the butt and tapering to 1 3/4 at mid muzzle before it starts curving up.

I should mention that this is an early version of the Ono gun. The ones being sold today have exactly the same dimensions of wood, but have an Alexander muzzle like the one on the Mahi, so they are three inchs longer.

I used to own an Alexander Blue Water and a Riffe Island, but I sold them so I am unable to provide dimensions. However, they were much thinner, so had much more recoil. One friend broke off a tooth with his first shot with the Blue Water, and a few times when I didn't get a chance to lock my elbow and back up the butt firmly with my other hand, the butt of my Island hit me in the chin so hard that I am pretty sure it would have broken a tooth if it had hit higher. I'm told that Jay is putting bit more wood in the Island now.

Please let me know if I can provide any more measurements of my guns.

Attachments

• 6Wongs.JPG
    6Wongs.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
the important is the weight
i use the formula 3 pounds for every 5/8 rubber
therefor my guns they have 4 rubbers so are weight minimum 12 pounds and no recoil
good enough for about 25 feet range

Attachments

• P1010044.jpg
    P1010044.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 234
  • P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 221
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 228
  • P1010021.jpg
    P1010021.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 221
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT