• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Storing mono on shaft neatly

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishstab

Jun 16, 2020
My gun has a shark clip on the bungee so I can unclip the mono when storing my gun.

At present I leave the mono attached to the shaft and just coil it up and tape it to keep it neat, however I always lose the bit of tape after a dive me wondered if anyone else had a way to keep the mono nest and tidy when not on the gun? I’m sure at some point some company was making a little bag type thing you could wind the mono into but I’d probably lose that too!

what’s everyone else doing? I hate looking into the back of my van and seeing mono tangled all over the place

Reactions: Mr. X
This stuff is cheap & should be available at electric hardware stores. Cut to length for whatever size loop you want to coil the mono up into.
B3C00EC2-9400-49D0-9E3E-940D40DDA3CD.jpeg

With each of my Omer spearguns, I received a piece of black plastic the fits over the tip the spear and provides 2 prongs a top and 2 at bottom for your to wrap the spear line around. I expect they sell them too.

I've never used them as I always leave the spear in the speargun and own no spare spears. Although that might change I'd quite like to try a double-flopper spear and the spears on my Apnea spearguns seem a bit short (but otherwise very nice).

I'll take a picture later.

How about rolling it up and putting a couple of zip ties on it? That's what I do for spare shafts.

Last edited:
With each of my Omer spearguns, I received a piece of black plastic the fits over the tip the spear and provides 2 prongs a top and 2 at bottom for your to wrap the spear line around. I expect they sell them too.

I've never used them as I always leave the spear in the speargun and own no spare spears. Although that might change I'd quite like to try a double-flopper spear and the spears on my Apnea spearguns seem a bit short (but otherwise very nice).

I'll take a picture later.
Pictures as promised

Attachments

• PHOTO_20210628_200859.jpg
    PHOTO_20210628_200859.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 201
  • PHOTO_20210628_200608.jpg
    PHOTO_20210628_200608.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 226
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT