• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

strange feeling of anxiety

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The question is are older people supposed to do this at all? this is a question as i want to get into this as soon as i get to FL but im hitting 40 and the conventional wisdom is that even by 30 you should stop all physical activity and have an eye towards retirement.

Then theres what happened to Natalia....

The question is are older people supposed to do this at all? this is a question as i want to get into this as soon as i get to FL but im hitting 40 and the conventional wisdom is that even by 30 you should stop all physical activity and have an eye towards retirement.

Then theres what happened to Natalia....
Aloha Sorandril, Yes, there is wisdom with age. That is a good thing. But old folk still need to have fun. If swimming underwater for extended periods breathholding is your idea of fun, like may of us here, then have fun. If you are being competitive - forget about it if you are much over 40. You may have lost the edge. If you have not lost the edge, then go for it!

You are the judge of your own performance. If you kill yourself, you only have yourself to blame - but at least you went out having fun!

Aloha

Reactions: Sorandril
Aloha Sorandril, Yes, there is wisdom with age. That is a good thing. But old folk still need to have fun. If swimming underwater for extended periods breathholding is your idea of fun, like may of us here, then have fun. If you are being competitive - forget about it if you are much over 40. You may have lost the edge. If you have not lost the edge, then go for it!

You are the judge of your own performance. If you kill yourself, you only have yourself to blame - but at least you went out having fun!

Aloha
I only recently found out that I outcompete most people just by default. 50m dyn is just what my system does quite effortlessly and no one ever told me this was exceptional. I’ve also hit 7 minutes on my bed. I think I also hit this with a woman once... you can probably imagine why.

Edit to add a funny related note that i inadvertently passed the BUD/S test at 14 doing something stupid to try to avoid embarrassment. (didnt work, stupid iNOS)

so I’m in the same position as our lost record holder there.

ive always loved the water and as soon as I get down there to Tampa I want to get into this and see if I can contribute any to science. I know a lot about stress pathways and HIF... started out studying the endocannabinoid system.

Last edited:
ps, some of you guys are great examples, make me seem young in comparison. No offense, but the good thing is that you are proof that you dont have to shut down your life at 30-40.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT