• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Stylin Wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Griff

Certified SCUBA Rider
May 7, 2002
To all you real spearos out there who knows what every fish wants.
share your secrets of seduction in the deep.
more specifically the threads you use for the hunt.

at the moment i own a lizzard suit with the bark camo scheme (black/grey/green in thin blotches). it works farily well and attracts a fair deal of interest, especially amoungst my aspirant comedian dive buddies "hey, wheres mark? wheres mark?" and, "oh, i thought you were a rock cod". its my first divesuit that i have used, so i dont realy have anything to compare it with. so heres where you step in with your pearls.

I'm looking to order a new 5mil. the options i have are
black
olive
bushy camo (big blotches)
busy camo (small blotches)
bluewater camo.

i'm not too keen on black because there are some fish that are rather fond of the company of seals, and i dont want to fit into that bracket. this may not be a sound theory, but if unless anyone says otherwise, i think its worth trying.

thanks in advance

Mark

it works farily well and attracts a fair deal of interest, especially amoungst my aspirant comedian dive buddies "hey, wheres mark? wheres mark?" and, "oh, i thought you were a rock cod". Mark [/B]

Haha! What would we do without our smartass "buddies"?
Erik Y.

True ....

If it weren't for your hood (the one with 'Lizzard" printed on it) you wouldn't be visible in the murk at all.

Most of the guys here in CT wear cammo - both conventional and bluewater. The conventional cammo goes extremely well with the kelp beds and rock formations we've got underwater here, whilst the bluewater cammo seems to work well in the open ocean, although I've seen quite a few successfull kelp divers with blue cammos.

I reckon cammo's the way to go. I'm retiring my old suit (the holy one:D ) and getting a nice pair of 5mm Farmer Brown bluewater cammos - the jacket's got a chest pad :D and a hood, the pant section is all 5mm and the top is combination 3mm / 5mm. Should be interesting to see when it's done - it's a pretty custom job.

Let us know what you get....

Cape Town Spearos

Shot Riaan

Is it true that the guys in CT use camo because of Mr Whitey? Thats what i've heard.

Cheers

Mark

One more Thing

The "Where's Mark, Where's Mark?" comments arent when i'm in the murk, its when i'm standing right in front of them :head

Yep ....

It's for Mr johnny uptail, and also for the big bull seals - they like to ... err ... make passes at other black things :D

Nice BW Cammos work wonders if you come up on a Johnny - lie still and they'll ignore you - 9 out of 10 times.

You would make a great salesman

I'm Almost completely sold on the BW camo now... i dont know which is worse though, the shark may result in death, but the seal encounter may result in suicide. :yack :hungover .

Mark

I have a 5mm Omer w/ BW camo and a 3.5mm Mares w/ a hard to describe pattern, but some of the guys have said it reminded them of the Laura Ashley spring collection, sort of a paisley(sp?-thats a girl word that no man should know how to spell) What would we do w/out those friends for encouragement:hmm I'm not sure if the camo is meant for the fish or the fishermen, sorta like fishing lures. It's not like the fish don't know we're there.
Jay

Originally posted by Jay Styron

paisley(sp?-thats a girl word that no man should know how to spell)
Hey now! I used that word just last year and it impressed the Hell out of her Mother! Is it in shades of mauve and taupe, thweety?

It's not like the fish don't know we're there.
Very true...It's like they're cats; their curiousity draws 'em in.

Re: the camo bit... all my suits end up going to a faded brown over time, on the outside from the sun and salt, the insides from the beans. My Picasso has the green/black pattern and from 10' away in the local gloom, I'm not even there according to my crew. I do like the OMER pattern though. I wonder if it'd make me look fat?

sven

Sven,

You need to hear the truth as difficult as it might be for me to tell you:

The pink camo made you look fat, however the caca brown does wonders for your eyes and the new camo pattern accentuates your face by hiding the rest! :blackeye rofl

really difficult

yeah... that sounded real difficult for you pal!

Hey, I've been trying to e mail you... pay your phone bill, huh?! Let's get together August and slay some snails. I'm going to have to pass on UT as I'm heading out there late Oct and I just picked up my daughter her first car. Tapped-city.

throbbingly,

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT