• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Suffolk, East Coast diving....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pelagicbeing

Stellar Pelagic
May 6, 2005
I have recently reloacted to Ipswich- Suffolk (UK), and whilst i am very excited that i am only 30 mins drive from the Sea (closest i have ever lived!).... am wondering if anyone knows if there is much off the coast here?

I admit on my first visit to Aldeburgh a month or so ago, i was not to sure of the prospects of diving from this side of our island...what with the sea looking more like churning hot chocolate than the big green off the south coast that i am used to. My second visit saw me waist high in what promised to be a few metre viz water, before i realised that there was a jellyfish bloom on the go...so not sure which of the many species present might have a lovely stinging suprise for me, got out :(

I Managed to get in this weekend, but viz was meausred in centimeters not meters. So just had a play around and excercised some long neglected finning muscles and de fused my gills :)

If anyone knows of any potential shore dive locations along this piece of coast, i would love to hear from you. Otherwise it looks like it will just be open water swimming and pebble spotting on the bottom in the meantime, as there seems to be very little variation in bottom topography.

pelagicbeing :)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT