• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Suggestions on the New DB Design

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bill

Baron of Breathold
Oct 17, 2001
New

Aloha
Does anyone else have trouble with the new layout or am I all alone? I used to be able to see who wrote the last post and when, but now that's gone.
While I'm on the subject, does anyone know how to pull up all postings, say for free diving, in chronological order? That way, if you don't come back in less than ten posting time, you can easily find what you missed and maybe even read the next one without going back to start and waiting for the commercials to download again.
Not complaining, just asking
Bill

Suggestion Box

Good point Bill,

I was wonder the same thing about who wrote the last reply.
I was thinking it should show both, the original author and the last person to post.

I also am not complaining, just a suggestion for the box.

DSV

Thanks guys - keep suggestions coming...the new design isn't just set in stone...think of it as a work in motion...

Thanks!

am I blind or just visiting the wrong place ?

The site looks the same to me. I dont dig in all over the show where changes may be hiding, but on the surface of it nothing looks or works differently to me. Whats changed ? Am i logging into the old site or something ?

Skin:confused:

Skindiver - They are refering to the main portal site http://www.deeperblue.net

We launched a completely new version of the site last saturday and they are some fundamental changes that people are asking about.

Thanks!

Ah..

Its nice.

Shows how single minded i am when my link in my favourites goes directly to freediving forum...

Skindiver. :eek:

OK guys - changes have been made so that discussions listed now give the last poster as opposed to the thread starter.

Any more suggestions :D

since you asked

Stephan,

First, let me say that I think the new design is great and that I am very appreciative of the site. I also agree with the other forum members that listing the last poster is more useful than listing the thread starter.

To that end, I would like to suggest that when you click on a thread from the home page, that you go to the last post as opposed to the first. That way, as threads get long (like the current "Spearfishing Photos"), you can just view the latest post and not have to scroll through several pages to get to the most recent. Of course, people can still always scroll back to the beginning if they have not followed the thread.

Just a suggestion.

Scott

Scott,

Great Idea! I'll take a look at the source code and see if there is an easy way of doing it.

Thanks!

whilst your at it, stephan. ;) how about listing letters as hyperlinks for the "members" pages instead of having to guess at which letter of the member's username resides on which page? :confused: just a thought.

the site looks great, though. :D

andrsn

Stephan
Thanks. I like both the changes. Now, if the C4s arrive quickly, I'm a 'happy camper'

Aloha
Bill

Changes

Stephan

Everything looks great!!

Is there a chance you could put both, the original author of the thread and the last reply? It's good to know who the question or comment was posted by without having to schroll back.

Is this asking too much?;)

Thanks

DSV

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT