• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Summer Bass 2004

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
It was good year for fishing in UK... I ate Bass enough to last till flat fish season kicks in...
I thank you all for your tips and hopefully have Good new year to you all! I especially enjoyed Shanes videos.. and I am planning on making some of my own soon.. but for now just pictures.

here is result of one days dive using T20 in about 4feet viz... UK waters... :waterwork

Pekka

Attachments

• bass.JPG
    bass.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 198
Nice snap Pekka - when is flat fish season and got any tips on finding them ?!

(Need to get some fresh fish - freezer is almost out :( )

Ed

Thanks, I tried to get my monster bass picture from my phone but the link didnt work, but hey.. it shall stay as a story and legend to people who have heard of it... :)
I love the taste of smoked fish, so I smoke quite big portion of my fish. I also like BBQ fish..
About the flatfish season...well I think it is on quite soon after christmas all the way to some weeks after Easter.. I think.. I have to check by getting some when I get back to UK. And about finding them.. well find a reef, any reef and swim about four feet off the bottom, scanning the edges of the reef. (specially the sand) when you see a red-spotted-soon-to-be-fillet'o-fish swim to it and stab your spear through.. I dont shoot them at all.. would ruin my sharp spear..:) just make sure after you have stabbed the fish to put your hand on the other side and push the fish completely into the spear.. easy like picking berries. :cool
Aydin, the bass season in UK is over I think.. I have not been in water lately.. it is in summer time when the bass are around UK..Zzz hopefully some stray ones will come my way soon though.

Safe diving to you all

Pekka

Thanks, I tried to get my monster bass picture from my phone but the link didnt work, but hey.. it shall stay as a story and legend to people who have heard of it... :)

The foto is for real guys. Shows a possible 8-9kg bass really fat and as long as an omer millenium fin. Way to go Pekka.

Thanks Ntrik...I knew I could count on you to support my story.. and hope to see you soon after the 5th... when I get back and who knows we go looking for those monsters..

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT