• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Summer photographs in Spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adrian

Deeper Blue Beachcomber
Supporter
Nov 23, 2002
I've just finished updating part of my website with photographs taken during the visits of Oscar, (Blue Icarus) and Kars to my area in July and August.

We had some days of exceptional clarity, sometimes 30m! It's fortunate that summer for us is the best time for visibility. The water is warm and inviting.

We had a great time all together and I used my Nikonos V with a 35 mm lens. Shots include surface images, goofy and fun images, no limits practice, some spearfishing shots and some manipulated images.

http://www.art-centre.com/sea/freedivingfriends.html

Adrian

The usual beautiful pictures from you Adrian. Brightened my day at the office thanks,
Erik Y.

Great pictures Adrian!

Pardon my ignorance, but where in spain is Costa Brava? on the mediterranean or the Atlantic?

Would a 3mm be enough if I come visit one day? :)

Thanks Eric,
You're in an office? What's wrong with you? :D One day I hope to have pictures of you over here!

Michael,

It's on the Med side running from the south of France to the town of Blanes, just north of Barcelona. "Costa Brava" means "Angry Coast" In the winter we can get large 4-6 meter waves on the coast with easterly gales and the same further out at sea with the tramuntana, a very strong north wind that can blow for a month on end when it wants to.

This makes for lousy visibility in the winter but not all the time. Generally fall is pretty peaceful and some mornings the sea is like a mirror, one can generally swim without a suit until the middle of october.

After that I'd recommend a 5 mm. If you don't have one I have a couple of old extra suits.

Adrian

So wait - Adrian, are you saying there is dynamite windsurfing in the winter ?

Paul,
This is a very big windsurfing area, San Pera Pescador is a stop on the world championship tour, in the middle of the bay and it's just 4 km from here. Probably the next best place after Tarifa.

Adrian

Thanks Dimitri,

I'll be getting another roll from the developers next tuesday, and if there's anything worth looking at I'll post a note here.

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT