• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sunny South Africa

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I may be available late this year or anytime next. Bluecape, any more details? Dates? Etc..

Last edited:
Reactions: Alison
christmas time or next spring

i can't still xmas or end feb... :(

have already booked a diving holiday for september.. :eek:

watch this space for the photos afterwards. :D

hey miles

watchout for Ali and me in our custom wetsuits... hehehehehehe

you may have to call the vice squad :D

Originally posted by island_sands
hahahahaha!

yeah... it would be a complete blast!

loads of diving, fishing and :friday

not to mention....:naughty

:chatup :chatup :chatup

Oh I can see this is going to be a popular trip rofl

hey Ali you should get married in Cape Town...

Well we're (I'm) pretty set on Sri Lanka now but I cant think of a better bunch than you guys to have as guests :) We'll think on that OK

hey miles

watchout for Ali and me in our custom wetsuits... hehehehehehe

you may have to call the vice squad

:eek: Did you ever see that link on the Eliosub website's links page :D Dream on guy's X

Originally posted by Alison
COR :D
Miles, Rolo, Pablo and Sara now that would be a trip I wouldnt forget :friday

In my wild youth I would have been intrigued by the idea. However as my beard greys and my hair goes south, I fear I would just either be embarrassed . . . or in the way! :eek:

However, it sure sounds like a fun trip. There is a chance that after this afternoon, I will be in the position of having more money to play with. If it turns out well this year will you be thinking of making it a regular venture? In a year or two I will definitely be interested, even with that miserable SAA trip from the East Coast. Do you realize it takes a Californian 24 (several emphatic military expletives deleted) hours crushed into coach to get to Africa? (more deletions)!

Originally posted by Oldsarge
In my wild youth I would have been intrigued by the idea. However as my beard greys and my hair goes south, I fear I would just either be embarrassed . . . or in the way! :eek:

You in the way sarge? Never :)
I just ment that those guy's are the spearo's I admire the most and the chance to dive with them would be an honour (thats dive, as into the sea :eek: ) but what a crew are interested! So far I guess all those I would love to meet the most off this forum :) Im sure it would/will be a trip not to be forgotten and I certainly hope this becomes a regular event :D

Hi All

Wow !! What an awesome response !! I was actuall;y thinking of putting something together for the South African summer / late summer which is between December and late march next year. I have'nt spoken to Miles officially yet, but I think I will hook up with him and plan something, I arrange freelance tours anyway, and regarding video Adrian, I think it's an awesome idea !!
I will post my idea of a trip, with pics, as soon as possible !

Jeff

It always send a shiver down my spine to heard Sara and Alison talk about :chatup :friday :chatup :friday :chatup

And Adrian with the camera... :naughty

Are you sure you can handle that Jeff :duh

Originally posted by miles
Should i start WARNING to local population??:D :D :D :D

Miles, dear Guru-ji of spearfishing, don't, they won't stand a chance anyway so don't waste your energy. :)

Alison and Sara in custom wetsuits? Aiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! The Barbie Twins!

OldSarge, as Alison said, there's no reason for you not to come. Somebody's feet will have to be on the ground! And you have a lot of experience with kids! :D

Anyway, if I can make it, it would be around Xmas or feb.

Adrian

Unfortunately, the only period I would be available in the "summer" would be the week after Easter. Otherwise, until June-August "the kids" occupy all my time . . . and most of my thought . . . and energy . . . and what little remains of my good temper! :head

Ok, Sara and Ali, this is JUST for you!!!!

The place where i launch my boat is called Simons Town. It is a Naval Harbour, from which permission is received to launch there.

So now we have the Barbie twins, in their "custom" wetsuits, waving to a bevy of young navy men, all in their crisp white uniforms.......................oh boy, this is gonna be HOT!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

So i don't think the vice squad will be enough!!!:D :D :D

Miles

i've been there!

got all the way there at the dawn of crack (drove from the b&b in constantia), to do the cage dive... it was too rough to go out.. which was just as well as i'd forgotten my dive gear !!! lol!!!

and yes... there were loads of naval (navel) types walking past... *perv perv*

yes... gave the term Naval Harbour a whole new meaning :)

Last edited:
I'll be in Cape next Feb.......
I hope this miraculously gets delayed until that..:cool:
This starts to get quite interesting.

Cheers,
Mikko

That would be a trip to remember (and repeat of course!!!)!!!!
I was dying to spear in such waters...and now this came up! It's like a dream come true. I am just hoping that I will be able to leave my office at that time (a lawyer's work never ends actually) to come along with you guys and do some body piercing to those SA fish!

Hoping...

Hiya Jeff

Mikko and Gladion!!!! Now this is starting to look like big fun!!!!

Better get cracking at all the details!!!!

Regards
miles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT