• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Surface blackouts and the freediver recovery vest

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sorry, but the more I read the more questions I have.

"After inflation you must replace the following components:
  • Special sens07 actuator module
  • Standard CO2 cylinder"

Of course I'd expect to replace the CO2 cylinder, but if I have to replace that module, it it might get expensive to try out each mode. I guess I'd have to order a few of them with the vest. How much do they cost?

We sell them for about 20$. We are planning to include 2 actuators in the start package.
Please note that you can test the system (and your settings) by observing the blinking LED, indicating when infation would happen. You don't need to use an actuator for basic tests.

A blinking LED, or heaven-forbid a beep, wouldn't give me much confidence.

I like the idea of the manual option - an underwater parachute, sort of :) But I think the always-on, auto inflate will be the real life saver. (y)

A blinking LED, or heaven-forbid a beep, wouldn't give me much confidence.

I like the idea of the manual option - an underwater parachute, sort of :) But I think the always-on, auto inflate will be the real life saver. (y)

I’m confused about what you mean about a manual option? It reads a little like you think it’s lacking, or I could be reading it wrong. The Senso7 has a manual pull tab, just like the FRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sens07vest as always a manual pull (red handle) which inflates the bladder purely mechanical (no electronic involved).
There is probabely a misunderstanding about the "manual version", which has ONLY the mechanical pull (red handle), but no electronic at all.

This "manual only" version will be launched in some weeks.

We sell them for about 20$. We are planning to include 2 actuators in the start package.
Please note that you can test the system (and your settings) by observing the blinking LED, indicating when infation would happen. You don't need to use an actuator for basic tests.
So just to be clear, I could dive to the trigger depth or time with no actuator and cylinder and just observe the blinking light?

I think anyone would want to inflate the vest once just to experience the way it brings you up and how it positions you on the surface. To test other functions with the FRV I could cock the mechanism and leave an empty cylinder in it. Then I could hear the click when the mechanism fired. That gave me more confidence than a blinking light.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
you don’t need an actuator when pulling the handle manually, just. Co2 cylinder. The actuator „transforms“ the electric signal From the computer (indicates by the LED) into a mechanical action (click) opening the cylinder.

well, you don’t even need a co2cylinder to get the feeling, because you can inflate the bladder also with the installed oral tube. That oral tube is mainly there to check the bladder for holes during maintainance.

but I agree to your last comment.A click gives more trust that a led. But remember, also a click doesn’t give you the guarantee. The spring could be bad, the needle not sharp anymore (Corrosion)... there is always a Risk of failure.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
well, you don’t even need a co2cylinder to get the feeling, because you can inflate the bladder also with the installed oral tube. That oral tube is mainly there to check the bladder for holes during maintainance.

I was referring to the experience of having the vest inflate at depth and bringing me up. I think most of us will want to see how that works. How rapidly does it inflate? How long does it take to bring me up? I definitely tried that out with my FRV. I don’t think I could inflate the bladder with the oral inflation tube at 30 meters.

;-) luckily you are right. We would not sell any cylinder / actuators anymore ;-)

Have a look at your web page. There is a video of a full Inflation from 40 Meter depth. You see the speed and uplift.

;-) luckily you are right. We would not sell any cylinder / actuators anymore ;-)

Have a look at your web page. There is a video of a full Inflation from 40 Meter depth. You see the speed and uplift.
I've seen that and its impressive. But if this vest is supposed to save my life, I"d want to experience it myself.

Hi All,
I have received my Sens07 and am stoked to try it out. Unfortunately I’m a bit confused by the app and have several questions. I’m hoping someone who has some experience can help me understand/troubleshoot.

I have two initial question topics.
1) The basic mode does not allow automatic deployment below 30m. In the app, It maxes out at 30m then jumps to unlimited. How do I set it to inflate between 30m - 50m? I have several 95g bottles so we should be able to use below 30m.

2) Having read the instruction manual and app repeatedly, I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the blackout mode settings.
Is the blackout mode always engaged? That is, must you always press the button after each dive (within the specified settings) to prevent inflation?
Is the blackout > diving countdown different than the Basic > inflation countdown? Why is the blackout countdown able to be set for 4 hours? Can one disable the blackout mode but still run the basic profiles? Please help me understand the blackout settings as they are critical but confusing in the manual and app.
Thanks and looking forward to any replies.

Hi All,
I have received my Sens07 and am stoked to try it out. Unfortunately I’m a bit confused by the app and have several questions. I’m hoping someone who has some experience can help me understand/troubleshoot.

1) The basic mode does not allow automatic deployment below 30m. In the app, It maxes out at 30m then jumps to unlimited. How do I set it to inflate between 30m - 50m? I have several 95g bottles so we should be able to use below 30m.

2) Having read the instruction manual and app repeatedly, I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the blackout mode settings.
Is the blackout mode always engaged? That is, must you always press the button after each dive (within the specified settings) to prevent inflation?
Is the blackout > diving countdown different than the Basic > inflation countdown? Why is the blackout countdown able to be set for 4 hours? Can one disable the blackout mode but still run the basic profiles? Please help me understand the blackout settings as they are critical but confusing in the manual and app.
Hello
Hi All,

Hello

I am Philip from ProVitaTec and I am glad to answer your questions:

1) During the development of the device, we came to the conclusion that time is actually the most important criterion for activation. Programming the maximum depth makes more sense at shallower depths. For this reason, we have used a newly developed digital pressure sensor, which is limited to a depth of 30 metres.
However, we are aware that there are always users who still want to set a deeper depth. We are therefore considering using a different sensor that goes deeper than 30 metres in future versions of the sens07 inflator.

The sens07 can store up to 3 profiles.
Each profile can be operated either in "Basic" mode or in "Blackout" mode. Both modes are completely independent of each other and do not influence each other. You have to decide to use either the "Basic Mode" or the "Blackout Mode" for each individual profile.

If you decide to use the "Basic" mode, then of course you do not have to press the button when surfacing. Basic mode only takes into account depth and time.

If you choose the "Blackout Mode", then you have to press the button when surfacing.

2)It is true that you can wait up to 4 hours before pressing the button. Normally you set this value to 15 seconds (i.e. in competition). There is no reason why we allowed a configuration up to 4 hours. We simply wanted to offer as few restrictions as possible. However, we see that this freedom is more confusing than helpful. We will therefore reduce this maximum adjustable value to one minute in the next software version. This new software should be available in February.
Thanks for the feedback !!!!! This is exactly the kind of feedback we need to constantly improve the product ;-)

Your last question is covered in the above test. You just have to select the "Basic Mode". There is no "Blackout" feature there. In Basic Mode, you don't have to press a button when surfacing.

Please note that I am not very often check DeeperBlue forum. Please write direct to me in case you require a fast replay. info@ProVitaTec.com.

Happy New Year !!!

Philip

Reactions: Mr. X
I would add Leo from Spearfishingtoday.com in Cancun. I believe he did an endorsement of the FRV a while back.

Off the top of my head for right now from YouTube; Daniel Mann, Ryan Myers, aquatic rehab, the Greek guy... “Spearfishing Life”(?)

Also, I messaged you on Facebook about a far Asia connection;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have received my Sens07 vest today and look forward to many hours of that extra security, especially heading into these winter months. Both my brother and I have the Sens07 vests and primarily use them for freediving depth training. The vest may not be the cheapest thing but I have certainly spent more on frivolities, this is a worthy investment.

I have received my Sens07 vest today and look forward to many hours of that extra security, especially heading into these winter months. Both my brother and I have the Sens07 vests and primarily use them for freediving depth training. The vest may not be the cheapest thing but I have certainly spent more on frivolities, this is a worthy investment.
I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like it. I'm hoping my FRV will last longer than I will but id like to be able to recommend this alternative with confidence.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT