• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Survey

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Margo Femrite

Mar 1, 2005
Last chance to take my survey, and contribute to my History Day assignment! I think I will be organizing the relpies pretty soon, so I just wanted to see if there was anyone else who might want to contribute to my project:

Online Survey Questions:

1. Are you a competitive diver or a recreational diver?

2. What types of dives do you participate in?

3. How long can you hold your breath, on average?

4. What are the depths you have dived to?

5. How long have you been diving?

*6. Where/How did you learn about the sport of freediving? (Be detailed if you can, I would like to use this information in my thesis)

7. Is freediving the only diving sport you take part in? If not, and do participate in other diving sports, what are they?

8. What types of exercises or activities do you do to improve your diving?

9. What, in your mind, do you see as the major risks in freediving?

10. Have you ever had a blackout or samba during a dive, and if you don't mind, describe the experience?

11. And lastly, while on the subject of risks: have you ever freedived without a buddy, even while knowing the dangers involved?

(extra)12. Why do you Freedive?

Thank you,

Margo Femrite said:
Last chance to take my survey, and contribute to my History Day assignment! I think I will be organizing the relpies pretty soon, so I just wanted to see if there was anyone else who might want to contribute to my project:

Online Survey Questions:

1. Are you a competitive diver or a recreational diver?
Both

2. What types of dives do you participate in?
Static, constant, dynamic, spearfishing

3. How long can you hold your breath, on average?
Average of 2:30 if spearfishing.

4. What are the depths you have dived to?
0 metres to 50.4 metres.

5. How long have you been diving?
7 years freediving

*6. Where/How did you learn about the sport of freediving? (Be detailed if you can, I would like to use this information in my thesis)
Mostly alone, then learned from the internet, then from a Freediving Course (2 days), then from other freedivers/spearos. In Canada.

7. Is freediving the only diving sport you take part in? If not, and do participate in other diving sports, what are they?
Just spearfishing.

8. What types of exercises or activities do you do to improve your diving?
Run, weight train, intervals, pray, meditate, yoga. No pool training.

9. What, in your mind, do you see as the major risks in freediving?
Diving alone.

10. Have you ever had a blackout or samba during a dive, and if you don't mind, describe the experience?
1 bad BO in a competitive constant weight dive. 1 samba in a static competition. http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=16543&page=2&pp=15&highlight=western+regionals

11. And lastly, while on the subject of risks: have you ever freedived without a buddy, even while knowing the dangers involved?
99% of the time I am alone.

(extra)12. Why do you Freedive?
To find God looking back at me. To hunt. To eat. For peace and quiet.

Thank you,

Good luck on your paper!
Erik Y.

[QUOTE
Online Survey Questions:

1. Are you a competitive diver or a recreational diver? Recreational
2. What types of dives do you participate in?[I]Spearfishing[/I]

3. How long can you hold your breath, on average?Probably less than a minute

4. What are the depths you have dived to?31m :waterwork

5. How long have you been diving?6 years spearfishing

*6. Where/How did you learn about the sport of freediving? (Be detailed if you can, I would like to use this information in my thesis)learnt about freediving from reading about Umberto pellizari on the net
7. Is freediving the only diving sport you take part in? If not, and do participate in other diving sports, what are they?spearfishing
8. What types of exercises or activities do you do to improve your diving?dynamics

9. What, in your mind, do you see as the major risks in freediving?blackouts, tiger sharks
10. Have you ever had a blackout or samba during a dive, and if you don't mind, describe the experience?have never BO but have samed on statics a few times
11. And lastly, while on the subject of risks: have you ever freedived without a buddy, even while knowing the dangers involved?I usually have buddy when spearfishing and freediving, but unfortuantely alone when pool training which I dont recommend to anyone
(extra)12. Why do you Freedive?The thrill of fighting pelagics and cattching dinner for the family
Thank you,[/QUOTE]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT